Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and footy - season (suspended) now resumed

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    I reckon a lot of people have dropped off Fox Footy. Incestuous wankfest. On the couch very ordinary now. Not to mention Eddie has well and truly worn out his welcome
    You can include me on that list - haven't bothered to watch any of the shows on Fox Footy for several years now (only the actual matches). Lots of talk about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    You can include me on that list - haven't bothered to watch any of the shows on Fox Footy for several years now (only the actual matches). Lots of talk about nothing.
    I’m the same, used to watch them all pretty religiously but there is just too many of them and they are on too often. On the couch used to be a good show with some good discussion, as well as being one of the only shows the swans got a decent run thanks to Healy, but even that is pretty average these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Gerard was talking about me last week when he said players must
    "rise above the sewers of social media".

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I thought Gerard was talking about me last week when he said players must
    "rise above the sewers of social media".
    You should be booked on AFL 360.

Right to reply rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    We Melbourne based members received an email message of support from Tom Harley yesterday. It included videos of some players wishing us the best, too!

It was a lovely thought and I greatly appreciated receiving it!

(Beginning to feel a bit like a leper colony down here, though! )
    I was only thinking to myself this morning when they were talking about Melbourne on the radio news... lepers!!

Try to keep it together Victorians.
    Stay home.
    If you need to go out, wear a mask, wash your hands frequently, and use hand sanitiser when you aren't near soap and water.
    Keep a social distance.
    Reach out if you need help.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Some interesting thoughts from Caroline Wilson. Sure to upset a few Victorian clubs, and those arguing for Optus as a GF venue.

Why the AFL grand final should be in NSW

I don't know that I buy the "playing in NSW will increase empathy of Victorian clubs" argument. I did notice after last nights game, when Tom Browne gave a shout-out to NSW for their assistance, the response from the Melbourne studio was brief silence, then move on. But perhaps they were just pushed for time, it was near the end of the broadcast.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Some interesting thoughts from Caroline Wilson. Sure to upset a few Victorian clubs, and those arguing for Optus as a GF venue.

I don't know that I buy the "playing in NSW will increase empathy of Victorian clubs" argument. I did notice after last nights game, when Tom Browne gave a shout-out to NSW for their assistance, the response from the Melbourne studio was brief silence, then move on. But perhaps they were just pushed for time, it was near the end of the broadcast.
    No paywall at the brisbane times

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spo...0-p55avg.html?

pr. dim-melb; m not f

I thought one of the more telling comments was the thought of Hawthorn unimpressed by training at Drummoyne, one of Sydney's nicer venues. Whether they take the next step and realise that this is the AFL's life in Sydney is another matter, but it just might prompt Vic clubs to improve their understanding of life outside "Victoria Heaven".
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar

Interesting article but I don't understand the following quote:

"The Swans have long been deemed by Victorian clubs the whingers of the competition...."

My love for my club might make me blind but I don't think that's the case at all!

Senior Player
    Caroline Wilson remains the pre-eminent AFL writer - has a national perspective (unlike most of her colleagues), is uncompromising, objective and principled.

‘RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has called on the interchange bench to be extended as the AFL prepares for its fixture cram.’

Longmire said in his media appearance this week that he supported an extended bench in the discussions that went on before the season resumed. Perhaps it will now happen. It might help easing back some of our players currently on the injured list (particularly Buddy and Reid who have suffered recurring injuries).

Though a couple of Vic clubs that brought smaller contingents interstate might struggle with numbers the longer this period of playing outside Vic goes on.

Dimma calls for extended bench to protect stars

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Interesting article but I don't understand the following quote:

"The Swans have long been deemed by Victorian clubs the whingers of the competition...."

My love for my club might make me blind but I don't think that's the case at all!
    We must be going bad if we have topped the whingeing Clarkson and McGuire. Purely a deflection consensus to deflect from their continual carping. Hardwick is not too bad on the whinge. And who can forget the greatest tosser of all. Drum roll.......Kennett.