Page 74 of 93 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and footy - season (suspended) now resumed

I’m sure it will bring shock to RWOers to learn that

(1) after Clarko’s holding the ball virtual coffee with Gil, the AFL changed the interpretation and paid 31 more HTB decisions over the weekend
    (2) in last nights game 11 HTB frees were paid, 1 to Hawthorn and 10 to the Giants!

Clarko's 'ball' call works, but did it backfire on Hawks?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

(1) after Clarko’s holding the ball virtual coffee with Gil, the AFL changed the interpretation and paid 31 more HTB decisions over the weekend
    (2) in last nights game 11 HTB frees were paid, 1 to Hawthorn and 10 to the Giants!

Yes, an amazing stat considering Gill is Clarko's barista. The other incredible stat was the Giants 18 scores (13.5) from only 24 inside 50
    entries. Now that is efficient.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

I'm not sure why they don't just get rid of the middle man and make Clarko Director of Umpiring. Imagine the salary savings?

Senior Player
    Looks like the Vic teams coming to Sydney (Hawthorn have already moved to Coogee apparently) might be here for a while
    with the closing of the NSW-Vic border tomorrow night. Who would have thought Metricon and now Giant Stadium are becoming
    the centre of the AFL? Might be time to dust off the posts at ANZ. Glad I'm not working in the game scheduling dept at the
    AFL. What a nightmare job that must be at the moment.
    Last edited by KTigers; 6th July 2020 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Looks like the Vic teams coming to Sydney (Hawthorn have already moved to Coogee apparently) might be here for a while
    with the closing of the NSW-Vic border tomorrow night. Who would have thought Metricon and now Giant Stadium are becoming
    the centre of the AFL? Might be time to dust off the posts at ANZ. Glad I'm not working in the game scheduling dept at the
    AFL. What a nightmare job that must be at the moment.
    Yes, I can't help thinking that when they get to the later rounds, it will be like reassembling a complex bit of machinery, only to find a mysterious component tucked behind your ear.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I can't help thinking that when they get to the later rounds, it will be like reassembling a complex bit of machinery, only to find a mysterious component tucked behind your ear.
    Yes, it's always lurking there. On page 93 of some AFL contract in very small print that the natural Vic bias must always be
    maintained. But for now I'm enjoying the irony of the comp being saved by the expansion teams and their facilities.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    I'm not sure why they don't just get rid of the middle man and make Clarko Director of Umpiring. Imagine the salary savings?
    Can't see why you wouldn't go one further and have Clarko himself umpiring all games that involved Hawthorn. Some could see that as a conflict of interest, but it doesn't really matter, because he's Clarko, and therefore bypasses any need for accountability.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Can't see why you wouldn't go one further and have Clarko himself umpiring all games that involved Hawthorn. Some could see that as a conflict of interest, but it doesn't really matter, because he's Clarko, and therefore bypasses any need for accountability.
    I think he has the time. Did you see him during the broadcast of the game last night? He just sat in the coaches box staring blankly ahead
    and not talking to Brendan Bolton. Meanwhile Leon Cameron was down on the bench fussing around and talking to the players and
    anybody who would listen. Clarko appeared to be doing nothing whatsoever. Maybe he needs something to do. Umpiring could be it.

Senior Player
    Yes I did notice his detachment. Must be awful for him sitting in the box unable to control everything. It was funny though that hawthorn continuously got pinged for HTB. A delicious irony.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

I find it interesting that Hawthorn are so often referred to as "Clarko's Hawks". The man, the myth, the legend. He will be very hard to remove if things go bad.

Pushing for Selection
    Brisbane v Geelong at the SCG on Thursday - are we allowed to attend? Anyone seen tickets for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    😆😆