Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Round 1 vs Adelaide Cows

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I was pleased to see Papley was most enthusiastic in the song celebrations! Gives indication he's definitely committed this year (and won't let his circumstances affect his form as it appeared at the back end last year). Also gives hope he may yet re-committ at season's end.
    Isn't he already committed?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Thought Mills and AA looked very rusty

Mills kicking 2 low pressure exists straight into man on the mark and took out AA twice in the contest very clumsy

But they will come back into form no doubt

I thought our forward line and midfield were really good in the rotation of players which was super pleasing.

JM 2nd game was vey good against a midfield that has some very experienced players

Parks, Heeney, Cunningham and Ollie very strong

Still believe Mills for a lot of posters here is a protected spices. Just my opinion but do some people here like the way he looks when doing things rather than the result of his possessions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Isn't he already committed?
    Even though Papley is contracted for another 3 years, I'm hoping he won't request to be traded again at season's end and honour (recommit to) his existing contract.

Veterans List
    Wrong thread......

WHOOO HOOOOOO
    We finished in the 8.
    All you horse bashers... got anything to say?

As to the game, these kids have got to learn to play four full quarters. We were very lucky that tex walker is @@@@ at kicking goals these days.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Even though in some ways it seemed silly to start the season and then only play one game, I'm so glad we did. Made my day! Gave me a great lift.

It helped that we won. But just as exciting was the fact that we smashed the opposition out of the centre. It's been a long while since we've been able to say that. And that was without one of our frontline midfielders and thanks in fair part to the young talent (Ollie, Rowie, even McInerney) as well as the strong showings from our champions (JPK, Parker, but Rampe not so much).

All the conjecture about Naismith, and whether he would make a difference has its answer. Albeit it was only one game and his longevity remains to be seen. Bring on Round 2! I wonder what chance there is that it will happen? Fingers crossed.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    Strange times.

I enjoyed the game. I thought Richmond v Carlton minus crowd was dreadful, but it didn't bother me as much this game. Maybe it took a game to get used to it, maybe I cared less because I was more focused on the players when it was my own team? It is interesting to hear the yelling and banter, like being boundary-side at a quiet game.

I thought there was a lot to like: Naismith looked good, Heeney on form, new boys going OK and getting into it. Good physical, committed stuff. Some times I think I see flashes of Jude Bolton when Cunningham gets moving, is it just me?
    Heart attack finish that went our way for once!
    Always a bit of rustiness in the early games. Would like to have seen Dawson go better after his great season last year, let's hope that comes around again.

So that could be it for the year, realistically. But who knows, still a chance for a June restart if control measures get those numbers down enough. Just have to see where it all goes.

How did everyone see our defence, attack, skills, game plan flexibility vs other teams on the weekend?

It was lovely to see our team hang on and get the win.

Adelaide didnt kick very well at goal last qtr thank goodness.

Relativity for me was the Hawks playing the no2 team from 2019:
    Hawks who no one on this site appears to rate completely man handled Brisbane Lions yest..........
    Brisbane who came 2nd last year and Brisbane who had double the amount of wins as us in 2019 ie 16 wins vs 8 wins were not only out played, but also out executed and out coached significantly by Clarkson and his team !!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

Adelaide didnt kick very well at goal last qtr thank goodness.
    They kicked 2.3. We kicked 0.4.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    On The Couch tonight Gerard had an interesting stat. First three quarters we played on after a mark 33% of the time, 0% in the last quarter.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    On The Couch tonight Gerard had an interesting stat. First three quarters we played on after a mark 33% of the time, 0% in the last quarter.
    Not sure if they went defensive or were just out on their feet. Or maybe they went defensive because they were out on their feet. Not quite sure why they should have been especially tired, given the shortened games and extended breaks. But they looked it.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Thanks Liz
    My suggestion was they had a few easy ones they missed and ours were a bit tougher