Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with no footy to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Swanstubbs View Post
    Two things. getting by watching 2012 and 2005 replays and 2005 Davis saves us final. Any other suggestions??
    The 3 consecutive games from R17 1987
    1982 night GF vs North
    1982 R1 v Melb
    1909 Grand Final

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Over at Squiggle, they've decided to simulate the season using the models normally used to predict results for tipping:

Virtually Season 2020 - Squiggle

I'm the first to admit it's not riveting viewing, but it's something.

Me, I see a lot more bushwalks in my future weekends, which is no bad thing.
    Swans-Bombers game on “live” now

Swans with the early lead 3.0-2.0 in the first

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the 2016 GF in replay but now may be the time to face up to it. Does anyone know where I can watch or get a download without the AFL site? Much appreciated if you can help

Squiggle now has Swans 64 to 40 V Essendon.

I wonder if Buddy got up for it and moving on to 1,000 goals?

Veterans List
    Watch this: WATCH: The 23 biggest and best goals of Buddy Franklin's career

We've probably all seen it already but it's worth another look. Just pure genius!

Veterans List
    Yey, we won. Good win by the boys. Only one goal in the last but a 32 pt win. Going nicely.....

2003 (?) v. Port Qualifying final at Footy Park
    Entire 2005 finals series (Swans)
    2012 v. Adelaide Qualifying final
    2012 v. Collingwood 2012 Prelim (Jetta goal)
    2012 GF (Hanners should have won the Normie)
    Any Goodsie highlights (Simply the Best)
    Rd 1 2020 - Undefeated season.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Yey, we won. Good win by the boys. Only one goal in the last but a 32 pt win. Going nicely.....

I love the way the back line is beginning to jell, keeping them scoreless for the entire third quarter. Brand has been a useful acquisition and fills a need in a way that Melican, Maibaum and McLean are currently unable to do. Looks like we tailed off in the second half. Might be our youth telling, that we just can't keep it up for long enough yet to be a serious contender. Yet, by the end of the weekend there's a lot we could be top 4! It's lucky they're not going to use this ladder for the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    2003 (?) v. Port Qualifying final at Footy Park
    Entire 2005 finals series (Swans)
    2012 v. Adelaide Qualifying final
    2012 v. Collingwood 2012 Prelim (Jetta goal)
    2012 GF (Hanners should have won the Normie)
    Any Goodsie highlights (Simply the Best)
    Rd 1 2020 - Undefeated season.
    Yes, the Port final was 2003. It's definitely one of my favourite Swans games. At the time, watching the first half was such a wonderful surprise; as we totally cut up the highly fancied Port. Goodesy was dominant in the middle. Tadhg and Leaping Leo were working their rebounding magic in the back half, and up forward, BBB was kicking them from everywhere. While the camera panning to the facial expressions of the shell-shocked Port crowd, was also a highlight.

Then in the second half, we had to hang on, as injuries took their toll. I forget who went down besides Tadhg, but Port certainly had a big advantage? The flair of the first half, became a grim effort to hold on. The longer the game went, the more momentum the highly talented Port side managed to gain; but the attack by our players on both man and ball, meant that they never gained enough momentum.

Looking back, Roosy reckons that it was that game, which convinced him that he had a side, with both the talent and fortitude to win a premiership.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, the Port final was 2003. It's definitely one of my favourite Swans games. At the time, watching the first half was such a wonderful surprise; as we totally cut up the highly fancied Port. Goodesy was dominant in the middle. Tadhg and Leaping Leo were working their rebounding magic in the back half, and up forward, BBB was kicking them from everywhere. While the camera panning to the facial expressions of the shell-shocked Port crowd, was also a highlight.

Then in the second half, we had to hang on, as injuries took their toll. I forget who went down besides Tadhg, but Port certainly had a big advantage? The flair of the first half, became a grim effort to hold on. The longer the game went, the more momentum the highly talented Port side managed to gain; but the attack by our players on both man and ball, meant that they never gained enough momentum.

Looking back, Roosy reckons that it was that game, which convinced him that he had a side, with both the talent and fortitude to win a premiership.
    One of the greatest ever red and white wins. Think it was Seymour who went down as well. Very good player whose career was cruelled by injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    One of the greatest ever red and white wins. Think it was Seymour who went down as well. Very good player whose career was cruelled by injuries.
    Yes, I think you're right with Seymour. Also at the end of this highlights package, Stephen Doyle is in a tracksuit, so I think he went down as well.

One of the Sydney Swans all time great wins - 1st Qualifying Final 2003 - AFL - Highlights - YouTube

For me, the highlight of the highlights package, came a few minutes before half time. Leo Barry threw himself into the path of fast leading Port forward and brought the ball to ground. That led to Kennelly kicking off a harem scarem rebound, that involved almost everybody in the back half: Ablett, Nicks, Stephens and Bolton, and ended with Cresswell putting through another one. Leo Barry; what a star.

Fox Footy did a live call of the 96 PF last night which I enjoyed watching. Dwayne Russell, Jason Dunstall & David King doing the live commentary as if they don't know the outcome of the game & the transpiring plays. Jason was having comical digs at Roosy, as I didn't realise he had a poor game as Hird ran rings on him. Also enjoyed the modern analysis & graphics which they managed to overlay, particularly on the plays from Paul Kelly and Micky O. They were awesome. Glad they also highlighted Wade Chapman's game. It also seemed to me they showed extended post game crowd footage swamping the ground and players, which I don't recall seeing before. Did anyone else watch this?

Fox Footy are using the R2 fixture to show the best clashes from the respective teams with their live commentary (and not Ch 7). It looks like they're going to do this each week during this hiatus.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast