Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with no footy to watch

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Fox Footy did a live call of the 96 PF last night which I enjoyed watching. Dwayne Russell, Jason Dunstall & David King doing the live commentary as if they don't know the outcome of the game & the transpiring plays. Jason was having comical digs at Roosy, as I didn't realise he had a poor game as Hird ran rings on him. Also enjoyed the modern analysis & graphics which they managed to overlay, particularly on the plays from Paul Kelly and Micky O. They were awesome. Glad they also highlighted Wade Chapman's game. It also seemed to me they showed extended post game crowd footage swamping the ground and players, which I don't recall seeing before. Did anyone else watch this?

Fox Footy are using the R2 fixture to show the best clashes from the respective teams with their live commentary (and not Ch 7). It looks like they're going to do this each week during this hiatus.
    Couldn't help but watch and enjoyed Dunstall's ribbing of Roos, who had a shocker. Roos played pretty well in GF that year as I recall. Micky O was brilliant v the bombers as a 19y0. Had a great career but imagine if he hadn't developed chronic knee tendonitis and wasn't able to train much. Pretty much confined to forward 50 for a lot of his career. Unbelievable talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Couldn't help but watch and enjoyed Dunstall's ribbing of Roos, who had a shocker. Roos played pretty well in GF that year as I recall. Micky O was brilliant v the bombers as a 19y0. Had a great career but imagine if he hadn't developed chronic knee tendonitis and wasn't able to train much. Pretty much confined to forward 50 for a lot of his career. Unbelievable talent.
    Yes, and one reason for that Port win being even more meritorious, was that we were missing Mickey O: who did his hamstring very late in the home and away season.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, and one reason for that Port win being even more meritorious, was that we were missing Mickey O: who did his hamstring very late in the home and away season.
    Jason Ball, too.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Jason Ball, too.
    Yes, watching that highlights package, I did think that it was slightly odd, that our ruckmen were Goodes and Doyle, but it didn't occur to me that Ball was missing. I briefly wondered about Jolly and decided that he hadn't arrived yet.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, watching that highlights package, I did think that it was slightly odd, that our ruckmen were Goodes and Doyle, but it didn't occur to me that Ball was missing. I briefly wondered about Jolly and decided that he hadn't arrived yet.
    Goodes was massive in that Port game in his Brownlow year.

Quote Originally Posted by bodgie View Post
    I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the 2016 GF in replay but now may be the time to face up to it. Does anyone know where I can watch or get a download without the AFL site? Much appreciated if you can help
    Its on kayo which you can get a week for free trial. But that is one game I cannot ever watch again.

I just knocked over the 2012 GF. Makes me wish swans had won a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Its on kayo which you can get a week for free trial. But that is one game I cannot ever watch again.

I just knocked over the 2012 GF. Makes me wish swans had won a few more.
    I've tried in the past, but I think that I only got to about ten minutes into the third quarter.

From 2012, this popped into my YouTube feed recently. It's the day that Goodesy broke the Swans games record. We came from twenty points down at half time, to smash Hawthorn at Launceston. These are the second half highlights.

Sydney Swans SMASH Hawthorn Hawks - AFL 2012 Round 5 - 2nd half highlights - YouTube

Thanks deja! That was fantastic! Bravura contributions from the Indigenous players. Goodes was awesome, and so invested. Jetta kicked a special goal and Cyril Rioli kicked a brilliant one. Great to see AJ and how young Hanners was looking.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Thanks deja! That was fantastic! Bravura contributions from the Indigenous players. Goodes was awesome, and so invested. Jetta kicked a special goal and Cyril Rioli kicked a brilliant one. Great to see AJ and how young Hanners was looking.
    Though it's sort of scary how few of that side are still going around. Only Parker, Reid and Kennedy are still with us, while Hannebery and Jetta are elsewhere. It would probably be a similar story with that Hawthorn side. Wasn't paying too much attention to who was playing for them, but it may only be Stratton, Burgoyne, Puopolo and a couple of others?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    That was exciting to watch, even if I knew we would win!
    The thing that struck me was the way we moved the ball, sometimes in hair-raising fashion, but fighting to get it to another Swan. I'd like to see us take our chances a bit more on the same lines when we get back on the paddock.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    That was exciting to watch, even if I knew we would win!
    The thing that struck me was the way we moved the ball, sometimes in hair-raising fashion, but fighting to get it to another Swan. I'd like to see us take our chances a bit more on the same lines when we get back on the paddock.
    Yes, I would also like to see that. Since that's the way our recruitment has generally been heading, I think there's every chance that we will. And I'm reasonably confident, that we will see some more football this year.

What to do with no footy to watch

Thanks for posting that video Deja, that was great to watch. Adam Goodes, what a star! That was the match in which he broke the Sydney games record by playing his 304th AFL game.

Looking at the patched up faces in the team song, a few bits of sticking plaster were used that day.

Nice write up of the match:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...429-1xt2y.html

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast