Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with no footy to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Classic!
    "Olive: focused; relentless; tasting absolutely nothing!"

Ahh, the single-minded determination of a Labrador at a food bowl, is truly one of life's marvels.

Senior Player
    Brilliant effort by the commentator- he didn't draw breath!

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I'm sure many people would have already seen, these couple of videos by BBC sports commentator, Andrew Cotter, but if not, they're hilarious. Especially if you've ever owned a labrador.

Coronavirus stars: BBC sports commentator Andrew Cotter's dogs Olive and Mabel go viral | Life and style | The Guardian
    A little bit of joy for a challening time - sensational. I could listen to that guy commentate anything - the scottish accent is just brilliant

This is a fun read too - Swans influence on pop culture hehe and Jude Bolton nonetheless!

AFL 2020, LMFAO, Sydney Swans, Jude Bolton, Post-Season trip | Fox Sports
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    A little bit of joy for a challening time - sensational. I could listen to that guy commentate anything - the scottish accent is just brilliant

This is a fun read too - Swans influence on pop culture hehe and Jude Bolton nonetheless!

AFL 2020, LMFAO, Sydney Swans, Jude Bolton, Post-Season trip | Fox Sports
    I suppose the song partially compensates for the US $3,000 cover charge? Just lucky they didn't name the song, Crazy European Guy.

The AFL site is showing a replay of a Swans v Carlton game, at 1pm this afternoon. It's either going to be the 2010 elimination final, or some game from 2011, which Carlton won.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    It’s the former and Carlton have just taken the lead late in the third. Judd having an influence despite the close attentions of Kizza. JPK to be thrown on him in the last IIRC.

The two rucks going at it at the moment Sam Jacobs and Shane Mumford are now teammates at a club that didn’t exist at the time of this game.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    It’s the former and Carlton have just taken the lead late in the third. Judd having an influence despite the close attentions of Kizza. JPK to be thrown on him in the last IIRC.

The two rucks going at it at the moment Sam Jacobs and Shane Mumford are now teammates at a club that didn’t exist at the time of this game.
    Bloody good fun.

What stood out for me was how good Hannebery was in his 27th game. So composed and clever ejecting the ball from contested situations. Also, a break out game for the club by Kennedy.

On the other hand, kind of a shame that TDL only played 9 more games for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Bloody good fun.

What stood out for me was how good Hannebery was in his 27th game. So composed and clever ejecting the ball from contested situations. Also, a break out game for the club by Kennedy.

On the other hand, kind of a shame that TDL only played 9 more games for the club.
    TDL? Only vaguely remember him but geez he looked handy (2 babies in the house, not much time to sit down and watch a full game if footy). What happened to him? Jarrod Moore as well? Mike Pyke just amazing especially considering his late start to the game. Enjoyed watching it - makes me miss the footy even more. Damn you Covid!

Our fixture throwback match this week, is on tomorrow at 1pm. Our opponents are the Giants. I suppose that we've had some classic matches against them, but none really spring to my mind? Maybe there was a match or two late in the season, that we narrowly won and boosted our position in the eight? I suspect the match that they run with, will be the 2016 qualifying final; in which they beat us fairly easily.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Our fixture throwback match this week, is on tomorrow at 1pm. Our opponents are the Giants. I suppose that we've had some classic matches against them, but none really spring to my mind? Maybe there was a match or two late in the season, that we narrowly won and boosted our position in the eight? I suspect the match that they run with, will be the 2016 qualifying final; in which they beat us fairly easily.
    And belted us up as well

Veterans List
    What to watch?

Drink driving by players of other clubs!

We've been quiet on this front since Buddy's "poor driving" in his first season :-)

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Watch The Sopranos - from series 1-6. TV just doesn't get better than that.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast