Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 vs Essendon

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauzza View Post
    I have looked at the broadcast guide for round 2 specially FTA Sydney and the only game scheduled for broadcast into Sydney is our game - surely this is not right. Has there been any changes to FTA TV over the last couple of months?
    For $2/day it's well worth having Fox.

Anyone going to check out training, from a safe social distance of course! Be really good to get some RWO insight as to how the boys are looking and moving. Gould should be fit after two months down on the farm.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    It's getting closer. It's getting real. I'm a little bit excited.
    I'm already feeling nervous!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

Really want to know what's happening with the 20 players who are fit but not selected. If they don't play how will they get match fitness and push their case. Really difficult for first year players and guys like Ling to wave their hand. Think the AFL needs to address this quickly otherwise it will really favour teams with few/no injuries and more mature squads.
    The Age mentioned that the swans and giants were going to look at playing weekly friendlies for the players not selected.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Pretty good. They all feel like matches that could go either way. Opposition who are hard to gauge, rather than heavyweights of the competition. If we go well we could really build some momentum. We need to win at least 3/4 if we want to play finals. The home game against the Bulldogs feels like possibly the toughest one given the short turnaround after 6 + 5 day breaks.

It's getting closer. It's getting real. I'm a little bit excited.
    Agreed. All but the Bulldogs would generally be considered in our bracket. Three out of four would be a fantastic result. Even two out of four would be commendable for our young team.

With the short physical preparation and players returning from injury, it is good we only travel interstate once in the first month.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    The Age mentioned that the swans and giants were going to look at playing weekly friendlies for the players not selected.
    The Swans/Giants (and the Suns/Lions) really need to work better at supporting each other. The VFL/Victorian clubs will never allow the diminution of their myriad advantages.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Like Victorian teams able to have contact training from yesterday (Monday) which is denied to the NSW teams?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Like Victorian teams able to have contact training from yesterday (Monday) which is denied to the NSW teams?!?
    I thought Swans were doing it too?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I thought Swans were doing it too?
    Started yesterday (Monday). See AA’s interview + video on website.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    This is a pretty big disadvantage for is compared to the Vic teams playing each other (I assume).

On the Rookie List
    Sounds like we won't have Buddy...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...27-p54wx8.html

Regular in the Side
    With other players from his draft retiring does anyone think Franklin's body is gone as far as playing goes.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast