Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 vs Essendon

JESUS H CHRIST
    Just pay Buddy out and use him as a forwards coach.
    FML
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    I never understood why we gave him a 10 year contract, we could've easily priced the Hawks out with a 7 year deal (as was initially reported)

I get that Buddy and his manager wanted the $ and length, and he certainly has been worth the high price tag thus far, but these last few years of his contract are going to kill us

It would be nice if one of the benefits of the current situation is that we can renegotiate the deal

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    With other players from his draft retiring does anyone think Franklin's body is gone as far as playing goes.
    His legs seem to be failing him. Might be time to retire and enjoy being a new dad?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    I never understood why we gave him a 10 year contract, we could've easily priced the Hawks out with a 7 year deal (as was initially reported)

I get that Buddy and his manager wanted the $ and length, and he certainly has been worth the high price tag thus far, but these last few years of his contract are going to kill us

It would be nice if one of the benefits of the current situation is that we can renegotiate the deal

When it comes time to evaluate the great Buddy gamble, hopefully by then (2 ½ more years till then) there will be sufficient sober heads to do so on the basis of all the costs and benefits of his presence at the club for the entirety of his contract.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

We need to move on with our forward line. We can't count on either Franklin or Reid any longer. Our key forwards now are McCartin and Blakey. Hopefully either Amartey or McLean will come through and add some depth.

The situation with Franklin and Reid should be a warning that we should forget about Daniher, irrespective of his free agency status.

After drafting Campbell and Gulden this year, our midfield cupboard will be full and we can focus on KPFs starting from the 2021 draft.

Tall forwards are not as important as they used to be, especially if a team is quick and well skilled.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We need to move on with our forward line. We can't count on either Franklin or Reid any longer. Our key forwards now are McCartin and Blakey. Hopefully either Amartey or McLean will come through and add some depth.

The situation with Franklin and Reid should be a warning that we should forget about Daniher, irrespective of his free agency status.

After drafting Campbell and Gulden this year, our midfield cupboard will be full and we can focus on KPFs starting from the 2021 draft.

Tall forwards are not as important as they used to be, especially if a team is quick and well skilled.
    Yep - spot on.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Veterans List
    Ronke injured, no Buddy available and I believe Reid is not ready so do we keep the 21 that played against the Crows way back when and just add one, likely to be Hewett? Was there anyone who had a poor game in Adelaide? I remember Taylor wasn't that impressive.

I'd like to see Dawson used as a floating forward where his kicking can hit the scoreboard.

If Daniher is available, you get Daniher

Veterans List
    Buddy injured his hamstring today and Reid injured his calf on Monday.
    Things haven't changed!

It's a worry for Buddy considering how long he missed last year with his hammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Buddy injured his hamstring today and Reid injured his calf on Monday.
    Things haven't changed!

It's a worry for Buddy considering how long he missed last year with his hammy.
    Different hammy. Wait for the scans before getting too upset. Watching Sam stretch with Heeney on the desk on the clubs website (especially the outtakes) it’s little wonder he injured again. Less flexible than a steel girder in a cyclone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    If he’s cheap and a available you get him. Don’t trade the farm for him

I wouldn’t think Daniher is the answer. There is no way he would come to us without a relatively ( considering how few games he may have played in 3 consecutive seasons) big contract and with very significant risk. If we offer him a contract commensurate with his lack of footy then I’m sure some other club with cap space and a need for a KPF will blow our offer out of the water. If your Joe D , you have to take the money.

As others have mentioned on here , I think it’s time to give Heeney a solid run as a permanent full forward, with an occasional run in the guts, think mid-late career Pavlich ( not suggesting he is necessary like PAV the player but more so the mix of forward / midfield time ) Have Mccartin at CHF providing a contest all day, snagging a goal or two hopefully.

Blakey on a forward flank with a license to float up and down the wing , Dawson hopefully spending some more time up forward too.

And a fleet of quick smaller forwards to complement them.

Bud might be done, Reid maybe not far behind sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post

Agreed. Buddy is a gun but the length of contract was unnecessary. Hawthorn wouldn’t have matched a 7 or 8 year contract on the same value, especially considering he was moving up here for love. Unfortunately, the need for a big name player IMO is over-stated by the club.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Why? Have we not learned from past mistakes? He’ll be Tippett 2.0.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast