Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 vs Essendon

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Last 3 yrs we have been whinging about losing Mitchell due to salary cap concerns
    Put Buddys money over 7 yrs and Mitchell wouldnt have been the only decent player that left
    Lol nobody was suggesting $10m over 7 years, rather $7m over 7 years

Seems to be working well with the NRL. I wonder if the AFL will set the cameras higher to minimise seeing empty stands.

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Lol nobody was suggesting $10m over 7 years, rather $7m over 7 years
    Sorry I was talking about sums that were actually an option
    Im sure 7 over 7 wasnt on the table
    GWS were 10 over 6, which is why we went 10 over 9

Regular in the Side
    re buddy, do we need a new head medical honcho. something wrong and when u include reid highlights problem

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    re buddy, do we need a new head medical honcho. something wrong and when u include reid highlights problem
    It does need to be explained how nearly half a season is common place for a non tendon hamstring injury

Age is one thing but Treloar was 8 weeks out for surgery on both Hamstrings

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    It does need to be explained how nearly half a season is common place for a non tendon hamstring injury

Age is one thing but Treloar was 8 weeks out for surgery on both Hamstrings
    I think part of it may be explained by Buddy being about 20+ kgs heavier and a few years older

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    I think part of it may be explained by Buddy being about 20+ kgs heavier and a few years older
    I agree it plays a decent part but typically a hammy is 5 weeks max.
    This isnt surgery or even a kicking leg

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    If we recruit Joe Daniher, maybe he can bring the Essendon medical team with him.

Buddy has played 300 games in 15 years (Ave. 20 games a season), which is a pretty good record. Granted the last couple of years have been a troubling sign for what the final years of his contract might bring, but it's been a pleasure to have the most exciting player in the game rock up for the Swans the past 6 years.

I was pretty happy about both the Tippett and Franklin signings at the time, but with the benefit of hindsight, I've turned negative about big contract signings of marquee players. I'm not against signing A-Grade players, but we should do in a way that's less risky than we have in the past. I think recruiting 2nd tier players more often provides the best value for money.

Given where the club is at the moment, it's not all that bad having Franklin and Reid out of action for a while. It should help the development of our young forward line, giving them time to work together without the focus on a superstar player always being the 1st option. The benefits should be realised in the coming years.

Yep, agree with Lud, I’d prefer to see the careers of several potential stars (not necessarily super stars) realised than one marque player getting contracts like Buddy notwithstanding the excitement he has brought to the Swans.

Veterans List
    Ahh hindsight.....it's a conveniently wonderful thing.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    If Daniher is available, you get Daniher
    Yes, of course we do.....because we so need another crock.
    Not saying Buddy is/was a crock but he might be now....makes no sense to chase another one.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Pyke fell off the cliff with injuries far earlier than anyone expected.
    Sometimes a players value can best be seen in his absence. I think Pyke probably fell off the cliff because he was asked to fill the boots of Shane Mumford - and he simply couldn't do it.

Yeah Mummy got subbed out injured in the granny, but without him I do not believe we would have gotten there in the first place.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast