Thread: Kieren Jack

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar

Kieren Jack

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    That is a fascinating podcast.

Both for the insights and anger over the Goodes story, and the broader conversation, is fascinating.

Easy to see why he was/is so well regarded.

Thank you so much Sandridge for posting this podcast link. A wonderful listen, Kieren is such an intelligent, thoughtful and articulate man. And Jake Duke is a great interviewer with his own very relevant personal reflections.

I highly recommend this podcast.

Senior Player
    Yes thank you for sharing.

This quote I felt was most concise:

"I find myself now, as a white, straight male, I'm in this great position of privilege but why?
    "I shouldn't be any different to anyone else. Everyone deserves equal opportunity."

Thank you Kieren Jack. You're a good man, and a Swans legend.
    Last edited by snajik; 5th June 2020 at 01:19 PM. Reason: dyslexia
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Both Brandon and Kieran are wonderful men that think deeply about the world around them - a really enjoyable and challenging listen that was!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

NSW police go to supreme Court to block a protest against NSW police... And win.

Australia has a long, long way to go.

It's good to hear Kieran Jack's voice added to the conversation on racism.

It's hard to believe it's been 7 years since that ugly incident left the footy community and the country divided. Finally things seem to be changing around the world. None of my friends are racist. I suppose it's natural that one's social community share many of the same beliefs. It's actually only been on RWO where I've encountered racism on a forum I'm involved in, probably because it's the only social media I'm on.

The ignorance and cruelty of racism has always been obvious to me, but I understand that belief systems are formed early in life from a variety of influences and many of those are difficult to change as the years roll on.

I hope that real change on racism can finally emerge from the tragedy of George Floyd's murder.

PS: Just saw your post, barry. You're probably right. We still have a long way to go.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 6th June 2020 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    NSW police go to supreme Court to block a protest against NSW police... And win.

Australia has a long, long way to go.
    Overturned on appeal.

The government and police probably think they are pretty clever with the overturning happening too late for many.

Bad government for using covid-19 powers for political purposes. Is anyone really surprised?
    Bad police, still in denial.
    Bad court for original upheld.
    Good appeals board for overturning.
    Good 10,000 people for going anyway.

Anybody still want you covidsafe app installed?

Veterans List
    I listened to the podcast this afternoon. Kieran is well spoken and you can see why he was selected as co-captain.