Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Fixture (revamped)

Yes, I've just read. Very encouraging!

Veterans List
    Check the program guide on your tv for Sunday and it will show if both the Sydney games are being shown on Channel 7/7mate.

2020 Fixture (revamped)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Check the program guide on your tv for Sunday and it will show if both the Sydney games are being shown on Channel 7/7mate.
    You are very clever Mel. I didn’t know the details would be there so far forward. Heck, the ABC guide sometimes doesn’t show what will be on in half an hour!

And yes, Ch 7 in Sydney lists AFL 1.00pm to 3.30pm on Sun (GWS match, not listed as FTA on AFL broadcast guide) and 7Mate shows AFL 3.00pm to 6pm (Swans match, listed as FTA on AFL guide).

Which is the reverse (in terms of 7 v 7Mate) to what I expected. But it will be shown ....).

Veterans List
    Footy return day, will we be seeing the 2020 Premiers in action tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    No worries. But I think the Canberra scheduling you have found will be replicated in Sydney. And that we will get the Swans match in Round 3 on 7Mate taken from the Foxtel feed.

So I hope Bloodspirit reads all this, it should cheer him/her up .
    Thanks Meg.

P.S. It is not a secret, I am a middle aged bloke. Though I thank you for not assuming. Father of two beautiful primary schoolers who have only a slight interest in footy, mostly for my sake I suspect.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    You are very clever Mel. I didn’t know the details would be there so far forward. Heck, the ABC guide sometimes doesn’t show what will be on in half an hour!

And yes, Ch 7 in Sydney lists AFL 1.00pm to 3.30pm on Sun (GWS match, not listed as FTA on AFL broadcast guide) and 7Mate shows AFL 3.00pm to 6pm (Swans match, listed as FTA on AFL guide).

Which is the reverse (in terms of 7 v 7Mate) to what I expected. But it will be shown ....).
    I'm glad everyone in Sydney can watch the game 😊.

Interesting article in the Age.

It looks like there is a clause in the tv deal allowing Channel 7 in non Victorian states to broadcast matches involving their local teams on free to air. Foxtel was trying to get that clause removed so they would have exclusivity for those games.

The AFL has refused to drop a longstanding clause in its broadcast rights contract that allows certain matches outside Victoria to be shown on free-to-air TV, prompting Foxtel to delay extending its deal with the league.
    Industry sources said a clause known as 'flip-flop', which allows a free-to-air partner to broadcast local team matches in all states except Victoria, reduced the value of the rights for the operator and that the two companies could not agree to new terms.

The flip-flop clause, which was first inserted into a broadcast deal with the AFL in the early 2000s, prevents Foxtel from exclusivity on matches in popular cities such as Adelaide and Perth and was included in the most recent extension with Seven.

For example, Seven has the ability to broadcast a West Coast Eagles match that takes place in Western Australia or a Port Adelaide match that is played in South Australia. This agreement applies in all states except Victoria, meaning Foxtel loses exclusivity on multiple games each season, despite contributing a significant portion of the AFL broadcast deal.
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...17-p553lh.html

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    ROUND 6
    Thursday July 9
    St Kilda v Geelong (Marvel Stadium) – 7.40pm AEST
    Friday July 10
    Collingwood v Brisbane (MCG) – 7.50pm AEST
    Saturday July 11
    Fremantle v Melbourne (Gabba) – 12.35 AEST

West Coast v Adelaide (Metricon Stadium) – 3.05pm AEST
    Essendon v Western Bulldogs (Marvel Stadium) – 7.40pm AEST
    Hawthorn v Gold Coast (MCG) – 7.40pm AEST
    Sunday July 12
    Port Adelaide v GWS Giants (Metricon Stadium) – 1.05pm AEST
    Carlton v Sydney (MCG) – 3.35pm AEST
    North Melbourne v Richmond (Marvel Stadium) – 6.10pm AEST

Veterans List
    Collingwood and Geelong are going to a hub in WA for 3 weeks and after that another 2 teams will go and replace them. There is speculation that one of the NSW teams will be going.

When we play Carlton, it will be their 3rd game in row at the MCG; and they also played there against Richmond at the start of the season

Round 7 will be Swans v Brisbane @ SCG Sat 1:45pm

Updated fixture

R6 Richmond v Sydney Gabba Sun 12-Jul 15:35
    R7 Sydney v Gold Coast SCG Sat 18-Jul 16:35

Round 6 is wild. 4 games at Metricon, 2 at the Gabba, 2 at Giants Stadium, 1 at SCG with none of them involving a home team.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast