Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd. 3 vs North Melbourne

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar

Changes for Rd. 3 vs North Melbourne

Thought I would start this:

Florent: I remember in round one against Adelaide, beginning of the second quarter, he wins the centre clearance and then missing all our forwards with the kick.
    If Florent can't hit targets, like yesterday, he needs to be drop for someone who can.

McCartin: 6 possessions says it all, and no pressure

Rowbottom: I know as a team we must have someone who points all the game long, but we need more from a midfielder

There are a few other who could be drop, but these will do for the time being!
    doof-doof

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    In the post-match press conference Longmire said that Naismith won't be ready for this game

North were ferocious against the Giants. I can see Shaw's stamp on them as they play like the swans of old.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    In the post-match press conference Longmire said that Naismith won't be ready for this game
    Oh bother!!!!!

I thought half the side had horrible games or were unsighted. Aliir dropping marks, Heeney, Gray, Dawson, Blakey, Hayward, Mills, McCartin etc.

It really felt like every time the Bombers got the ball in their fwd50, they were going to score.

Agree Mills is not the replacement for Smith. Cunningham might be a better option. Would like to see Melican in there too.

Dawson isn’t working yet, but if it does gell, his laser boot could really carve teams up. Happy to persist for now.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    That's disappointing because Horse doesn't have a Plan B. We were smashed by the one of the worst midfields in the league yesterday

I thought Gray was probably the one most likely to get dropped. Did nothing. Maybe he goes out for one of the draftees to have a crack?

Gray out . Stephens in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    That's disappointing because Horse doesn't have a Plan B. We were smashed by the one of the worst midfields in the league yesterday
    No adequate replacements isn’t quite the same as no Plan B

Happy to get Stephens in, maybe even Fox for Hayward. With no Naismith and North looking like a top 4 side I'm not very confident winning this game. Happy to try some new things position wise. Dawson needs to go midfield, Blakey further up the ground. Heeney or Papley more midfield time.
    Last edited by longmile; 15th June 2020 at 01:17 PM.

Definitely need some taller players in the forward line, but we have no tall forwards to bring in. Maybe Reid is ready? Sinclair hopeless as a tall forward. Maybe swing Brand forward.

In Gould Fox
    Out Gray Hayward

Swing Dawson forward, Gould to play his role off HB. Fox to play a defensive role in forward 50, add some tackling pressure. Alternatively Warner if he looks ready. Maybe Stephens for Rowbottom.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    No adequate replacements isn’t quite the same as no Plan B
    He's reliant on having a dominant ruckman in Naismith, but hasn't been able to configure the midfield to cope when we have Sinclair at the centre bounces.

The worst thing about yesterday was Jobe Watson in pre-game pointed out that someone needs to be on the goal side of Shiel at the centre bounce and we completely ignored that all day. Either our coaching staff didn't have the smarts to provide that instruction, or they did provide the instruction and it was ignored. Not sure which is worse to be honest.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast