Thread: Round 3 Vs North Melbourne

Senior Player
    Some recognition of just how hard Isaac worked to set up Blakey’s goal
    https://www.facebook.com/63513051416...7376033781417/

Very impressive and was probably not noticed by many during the game

Coaches' votes are in:

9 Isaac Heeney (SYD) 5/4 votes
    9 Jy Simpkin (NMFC) 5/4 votes
    4 George Hewett (SYD) 2/2 or 3/1 votes (I reckon 2/2)
    4 Tom Papley (SYD) 2/2 or 3/1 votes (I reckon 3/1)
    3 Luke Parker (SYD) 3 votes
    1 Jake Lloyd (SYD) 1 vote
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I shared the criticism of Mills at first, but watching him in the match highlights I would say that he was the victim of a hospital pass from Harry Cunningham, who otherwise had a pretty decent game. Even so, I'm inclined to agree that he should play more in the centre.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Some recognition of just how hard Isaac worked to set up Blakey’s goal
    https://www.facebook.com/63513051416...7376033781417/

Very impressive and was probably not noticed by many during the game
    Thanks faunac8, that vision of Heeney's work rate is note worthy. Also noticed Matthew's Lloyd comment that players who wonder why they only get 5 - 6 possessions a game, is due to their work rate. Would be interesting to see Hayward's vision in comparison. He might be working hard but not necessarily running into right the spaces (i.e.reading play).

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Thanks faunac8, that vision of Heeney's work rate is note worthy. Also noticed Matthew's Lloyd comment that players who wonder why they only get 5 - 6 possessions a game, is due to their work rate. Would be interesting to see Hayward's vision in comparison. He might be working hard but not necessarily running into right the spaces (i.e.reading play).
    Yeh, he goes where the ball 'aint.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Yeh, he goes where the ball 'aint.
    Noticed Nicks was positive about Ned McHenry for the Crows, ran 12km for two handpasses :-( Crows in a world of pain with their list, not a lot being shown by the kids and all of the senior players are out of form or even as bad as a shadow of their GF year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I shared the criticism of Mills at first, but watching him in the match highlights I would say that he was the victim of a hospital pass from Harry Cunningham, who otherwise had a pretty decent game. Even so, I'm inclined to agree that he should play more in the centre.
    Refer post #6 of this thread for an eye witness account.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314