Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd. 4 vs Western Bulldogs

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar

Changes for Rd. 4 vs Western Bulldogs

Doesn't Monday seem better with a win!

Outs: Holding players and giving away silly free kicks; there are three umpires watching for this!

Hayward; he is very lucky his fist did not connect to Pittard, or he would be looking at 4 weeks

McCartin, no real impact and after a mild concussion can take a rest

Sinclair, can stay in the team but gave away 4 high free kicks: if you can't bend the knees, don't tackle them!

Ins: For Gods sake, lets stick to a wining team and keep McLean and Fox in: both really good

Goal kicking practise; we should have blow away the Roos but some seriously bad misses meant they nearly came back and pinch it

Florent; he must send the week practising hitting up players on the lead; did any of his kick hit the intended target?

If McCartin & Hayward are out, then like for like replacements, then McInerney and Amartey

Just love the Swans proving all the doom merchants wrong again; although this is a yearly tradition now.
    doof-doof

You'd think with the lack of match practice the reserves are getting, that there will be minimal changes most weeks.

Mclean only stays if Naismith isnt fit
    Mccartin a rest if needed
    Like to see Brand and Melican come in so our small Defenders can run and get more ball.

Gray and Lewis together isnt working, might as well drop one. Id say thats Gray as Lewis 3 goals last week bought him a fortnight

Fox deserves to stay, could go forward.

In: Brand, Melican Naimsmith
    Out: McLean, Oriordon, Gray

If Brands not fit, a debut for Oriordon

The Haywood incident has not been mentioned in the AFL Tribunal Review for Saturday's games.

FWIW, I thought he clearly had his eyes on the flight of the ball; that made it clear he would not aware of the location of the boundary line.

In this strange season, the highest scoring team after 3 rounds is....
    Geelong: 258 points but only one win for a 10th position.

The much hyped Port have scored 256 points for three wins and 1st place.

The much ignored Swans are 3rd highest (just) with 217 points scored for 2 wins and 7th place

Veterans List
    Minimal change, McCartin won't play, no ressies game so no one knocking down the door therefore our poorest performer Hayward will stay in, unsure of Brands injury status.

I'd like to see Will Gould introduced to the backline and then move Dawson forward to cover the loss of McCartin.

We'll structure up to negate the team we're playing. Expect a lopsided free kick count this week :-(

If Naismith is fit and McCartin not, then that would be a simple swap. As others have noted, it must be very hard for players outside the 22 to "knock the door down", although the 5 day break may be a factor if fresh players are required.

IN: Naismith
    OUT: McCartin

The elevation of McLean and Clarke who played well in the last scratch match shows at least the reserves can win a place. On the back of the win against North it is hard to see wholesale change. The swans would be looking for consistency and stability, asking players for steady improvement. As they are 2-1 they will be looking to win the next game rather than blooding youth.

Senior Player
    Maclean looked good. He stays. McCartin shouldn’t play after that head knock.

I’m hoping Naismith is good to go. I’m also still not sold on gray as we need to bring in the likes of Gould and Stephens to get games. They won’t develop anywhere else.

This week:

In Naismith Stephens ( sins to go forward to cover McCartin)

Out McCartin Gray.

Is there an injury report on McCartin? Clearly he looked concussed but there has been official report to my knowledge.

Warming the Bench
    McCartin will most likely be out - even if he has recovered. This means McLean should retain his spot. I'm happy about this.

If Naismith is fit he'll come in.
    Kaiden Brand?? - if he is fit I would select him but who to leave out. I still think we have too many small on the paddock.

So for me its

In: Naismith, Brand
    Out: McCartin, Grey or Hayward

In Gould Brand
    Out: Mccartain O'Riordan

Dawson to play HF in place of a concussed McCartain, Brand to play in backline. Gould medium back in place of Oriordan. If Naismith fit, straight swap for Sinclair. Otherwise unchanged lineup.

In his post match news conference, Longmire intimated that we needed to get game time into some more of our younger players. I won't suggest who that might be, only I expect either another debutant this week or perhaps someone like Stoddart or Clarke to come in.

I would suggest that either Sinkers or Naismith plays, but not both. Either Brand or Melican come in for the concussed McCartin. And a new face in place of Sam Gray, but hard to say who that might be as the list of possibilities is long.

PS: A couple of comments on earlier posts:
    1. Amartey is injured, so wont' be coming into the side for a little while.
    2. I don't understand the suggestions that we drop O'Riordan. He's played 18 games, plays a solid game in defence and doesn't make many errors. What's the alternative plan for developing player? Sounds similar to calls a few years back to drop Lloyd and Hewitt.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 22nd June 2020 at 03:24 PM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast