Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Scratch Match Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Player

Scratch Match Thread

Given that NEAFL has been cancelled and we have nothing dedicated to covering scratch matches I thought we could start this thread to try and piece together whatever infornation we can about the scratch matches.

Did anybody attend, or hear anything, about last Saturday's match?
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Do you mean Saturday 20/6/20? I didn't think there was one.

If you mean the week before, someone (SeanM?) posted that an account was posted of that scratch match on big footy.

I suspect that details of scratch matches will not be published because we are not invited due to the players Covid restrictions.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Opti-pessi-misti
    Charlie Gordimer said 1.28p today that Ronke had 70 - 80 min hit out v GWS on Saturday, went well and will be available for selection this week.

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Charlie Gordimer said 1.28p today that Ronke had 70 - 80 min hit out v GWS on Saturday, went well and will be available for selection this week.
    Have you got a link for that? That sounds exactly like what he said a week ago.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    I've seen that's in today's 'Injury Update'. I'm still slightly suspicious that they've accidentally put last week's video up by accident (kind of thing they're entirely capable of doing). Some of the comments made by Gardiner give me a sense of deja vu. I tried to find last week's update to listen to it to compare but I couldn't find it. Anyway, assuming it is what it seems, which is most likely, it sounds like Naismith won't play again this week.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    There was no hitout against GWS (or anyone for that matter) on the weekend.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Thanks Ugg, now we won't die wondering
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I think that was because both teams were in Melbourne. With injuries and travelling emergencies meant insufficient players to form a team, plus the now limited off field staff travelling with the seniors made it impractical to have a scratchie.

Assume there'll be one this week.

You have to feel for new draftees not getting the usual first season in, fringe players hoping for a new contract unable to press their claims, young players like Ling who may have finally shaken off injury curses unable to play. All this with threats by the AFL to cut list sizes. Not a fun place to be for so many players and of course those affected by the proposed 40% cut to off field budgets.

Hoping someone can peer through the fence this week to give us a report on a scratchie if it takes place.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I think that was because both teams were in Melbourne. With injuries and travelling emergencies meant insufficient players to form a team, plus the now limited off field staff travelling with the seniors made it impractical to have a scratchie.

Assume there'll be one this week.

You have to feel for new draftees not getting the usual first season in, fringe players hoping for a new contract unable to press their claims, young players like Ling who may have finally shaken off injury curses unable to play. All this with threats by the AFL to cut list sizes. Not a fun place to be for so many players and of course those affected by the proposed 40% cut to off field budgets.

Hoping someone can peer through the fence this week to give us a report on a scratchie if it takes place.
    Anyone got a Crystal Ball.

Preview - Rd 3 Sydney v North Melbourne | Page 6 | BigFooty

That is the link to Ralphboy's report of the first scratch match two weeks ago. His post is about halfway down the page.

He had McLean, Clarke and O'Connor as his best players.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    Preview - Rd 3 Sydney v North Melbourne | Page 6 | BigFooty

That is the link to Ralphboy's report of the first scratch match two weeks ago. His post is about halfway down the page.

He had McLean, Clarke and O'Connor as his best players.
    Pleased to hear that O'Connor seems to be firing. With the coronavirus interrupted season, I was afraid that he'd disappear without a trace.

Senior Player
    Presumably there's a scratch match this week. Anyone heard anything?

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast