Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Scratch Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Did Aliir play?
    Yes, he rucked the whole game and was good. Sam Reid played a half as well.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Buried the lede there, barra! Reid would be a massive addition.

Was he rucking against Preuss?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Was he rucking against Preuss?
    Preuss did not play

Regular in the Side
    Was Maibaum playing against Melbourne? Before he was injured, most thought that he was developing slowly to one day replace Grundy... but now when we are running out of talls, he still has not been given any chance/ So wonder if he has really recovered from his ACL injury.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    10 a side? I suppose that reflects our injuries and the lack of top ups? Does anyone know if our academy program is still on hold, and if so, is it likely to resume?
    Academy is back in full training but they arent allowed to top up like previously due to covid so no chance of supplementing from the NDS or U18s

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Academy is back in full training but they arent allowed to top up like previously due to covid so no chance of supplementing from the NDS or U18s
    Good to know that they're back in training, but I wonder if they'll be playing any serious games? Giants, Suns and Lions academies, perhaps?

Actually, I was a bit annoyed a few weeks back, when I read that there was a plan to play a short NAB League season, but only for Victorian sides. Though I suppose now, we may not want to travel to Victoria.

The swans gave Melbourne 2 players a quarter. My bests were Taylor, Elijah, Wicks and Foote
    So, our list is in better shape than Melbourne's? Though I suppose that our injuries are more quality, than quantity.

And I wonder if Wicks and Foote, will be able to do enough to keep their places on the list?

Good to know that they're back in training, but I wonder if they'll be playing any serious games? Giants, Suns and Lions academies, perhaps?

Actually, I was a bit annoyed a few weeks back, when I read that there was a plan to play a short NAB League season, but only for Victorian sides. Though I suppose now, we may not want to travel to Victoria.
    Nothing formalised yet but the talk is that they will do exactly that , an academy series between the four.

So, our list is in better shape than Melbourne's? Though I suppose that our injuries are more quality, than quantity.
    I think it might be that Melbourne didn’t bring their full list to Sydney.

I noted that Charlie Gardiner mentioned the names Ling and Thurlow, but I'm not sure he meant that they got some good training time in or actually played well. I know Thurlow has come back from surgery many months ago, but there hasn't been any mention of the state of Ling's injury issues from last year. So it's hard to say if they are being managed because of these old injuries or they're actually playing okay and available for selection. Ling hasn't appeared on the injury list any time this year, to my recollection. He's an important piece in our game plan if we're to compete for a premiership by 2023. You always want your 1st round draft pick to be a walk up selection by the 4th year, which is next year for the group that includes Ling, Stoddart, McCartin and Amartey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I noted that Charlie Gardiner mentioned the names Ling and Thurlow, but I'm not sure he meant that they got some good training time in or actually played well.
    I think he meant they got some good training time, implying they were coming back from injury. Though I agree it was a bit ambiguous.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast