Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Elijah Taylor banned for rest of season!

Elijah Taylor banned for rest of season!

Damn! I'm really worried about this kid! Just read he's been banned for the rest of the season for bringing his partner into the hub without authorisation! The club has been fined $50,000 with $25,000 suspended.

It was a stupid decision from a young aboriginal lad who is no doubt missing his family and friends and has probably had his struggles coping with it already this year before this incident.

I hope the boys and the club get around him and support him as he'll no doubt be feeling pretty low after this!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Club statement:

Sydney Swans Statement

Unfortunate to say the least.

Geez some of the social media comments are harsh. It was silly but I can understand why it happened - it’s his first year and he’s been totally isolated from friends & family the whole time. It’s a huge price to pay for him and I hope the club supports him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly19 View Post
    Geez some of the social media comments are harsh. It was silly but I can understand why it happened - it’s his first year and he’s been totally isolated from friends & family the whole time. It’s a huge price to pay for him and I hope the club supports him.
    Very well said.

Did a silly & ultimately dangerous thing and deserves the penalty but i'm sure the club will handle it with class. Long term does show how difficult it is for a club in NSW to hold on to their players with the "go back " pressure on their initial
    draft picks

That’s a worse sanction than Sidebottom got. Seems at the high end of the scale

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly19 View Post
    Agree It’s disappointing but he’s a kid and I can understand why it happened.

Unlike Buckley who is definitely not a kid - and who didn’t get suspended.

I’m sure the club will support him, however infuriated they might be.

Regular in the Side
    " while Taylor has been suspended from playing for the rest of the season. The $25,000 will be included in Sydney’s 2021 soft cap. " From next year soft cap! - another "special" treatment for the Swans?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Agree It’s disappointing but he’s a kid and I can understand why it happened.

Unlike Buckley who is definitely not a kid - and who didn’t get suspended.

I’m sure the club will support him, however infuriated they might be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    That’s a worse sanction than Sidebottom got. Seems at the high end of the scale
    So 0 weeks for Buckley, 4 weeks for Sidebottom and 6 weeks for Elijah...Yeah that seems fair 😏.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    " while Taylor has been suspended from playing for the rest of the season. The $25,000 will be included in Sydney’s 2021 soft cap. " From next year soft cap! - another "special" treatment for the Swans?
    So does that mean we have $25,000 less to spend on the coaching department? I don't recall the other teams involved having this treatment. Collingwood should have $100,000 as there were 2 players and 2 coaches who breached the rules.

Senior Player
    Oh man:

"It‘s understood Taylor and his girlfriend hatched a plan to sneak her in late at night and didn’t consider how difficult it would be to get her out."

AFL 2020: Elijah Taylor suspended, partner, Sydney Swan banned for breaching AFL COVID-19 protocols | FOX SPORTS

Veterans List
    Classy statement from Harley and the Swans....as usual....but I hope they aren't just bending over a little and accepting harsher penalties with this 'soft cap' business. That doesn't sound right to me.....

Elijah Taylor banned for rest of season!

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Oh man:

"It‘s understood Taylor and his girlfriend hatched a plan to sneak her in late at night and didn’t consider how difficult it would be to get her out."

AFL 2020: Elijah Taylor suspended, partner, Sydney Swan banned for breaching AFL COVID-19 protocols | FOX SPORTS
    something other than their brains was engaged, hope they at least had a good night.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast