Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Scratch Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Not as much as we’d like but more than they were offering before you gave them a nudge !

Good that they incorporated some fan questions from Twitter.
    Considering how little the Swans used to talk, a 3 and a half minute video is a flood of information! A weekly update like this isn't bad though. I also liked that they added some Twitter questions about players, thought that was a nice touch.

I definitely agree on Amartey, I think he might get a run in the next few weeks if we decide to rest a couple of big guys. Sounds like they're being patient with Gould, I like how they're rotating him against small forwards and tall forwards so he gets a good spread of opponents to develop against, it might mean he takes a little longer to debut, but long term it should stand him in good stead.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Not as much as we’d like but more than they were offering before you gave them a nudge !

Good that they incorporated some fan questions from Twitter.

Sounds as though Gould is pretty close, considering who has debuted already he seems a little stiff to have not gotten a call up yet.

Surprised to hear Harry Reynolds name mentioned , for some reason I though he was long gone from our list.

Sounds as though Amartey may get a look soon too, and Wicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great to see that the communication has been ramped up by the club.

On Harry Reynolds, he's a real dasher with a lot of potential and a bit of size. Its only some injuries and his youth have held him back.

If he stays fit I predict he will be a senior player.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Scratch match against the Pies right now. Tweets from Collingwood's Performance and Strategy Manager.

From the photo - Gould on Cox, O'Connor on Cameron, Amartey in the ruck, Blakey and Clarke in the middle. Gray in the forwards. Looks like Pies have lent us a player judging by the defender in red top and black shorts.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Racking my brain working out who Levi and Langers were, until I noticed the #gopies.

I had a look at Marcus Wagner's other tweets, to see if I could find any other match info. No luck. However, I did find a clip of Pies debutant, Trey Ruscoe, doing his version of, phoning the parents to tell them the good news. It's well worth a look. It starts with his mum berating him for not phoning recently. And when he manages to let her know that he's playing, her reaction is, "Oh, @@@@ off!" Pretty funny.

Regular in the Side
    https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/...jeremy-laidler Another report about the Scratch match against the Pies last Thursday. He mentioned that Blakey " just needed a bit more confidence and we put him back to the 2s and put him in the midfield again and it helped him for the second half of the season. " Moreover, as the team are in strict quarantine, so no chance of another scratch match before we play the Dickers

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Development Update with Jeremy Laidler Another report about the Scratch match against the Pies last Thursday. He mentioned that Blakey " just needed a bit more confidence and we put him back to the 2s and put him in the midfield again and it helped him for the second half of the season. " Moreover, as the team are in strict quarantine, so no chance of another scratch match before we play the Dickers
    Sounds like Nick is expected to come back in this week; for Elijah, presumably.

Senior Player
    Seems to have been a while since we've had a scratch match. Any news barracuda/anyone?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Seems to have been a while since we've had a scratch match. Any news barracuda/anyone?
    I was wondering the same thing. Obviously we couldn't play one during the 14 day quarantine but from now on we should be able to play one every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Obviously we couldn't play one during the 14 day quarantine but from now on we should be able to play one every week.
    I think they played freo reserves and wore easily. Warner played well

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    I think they played freo reserves and wore easily. Warner played well
    Cheers!

I had a chance to watch the freo swans scratch match. Definitely a training drill. The short sideways chips from grey to taylor to clarke then back to taylor then back to grey, then repeat 10 times nearly put me to sleep. Mclean took 9 marks up forward for about 3 goals 6. He is a deep forward, which he does quite well. Gould is getting worse, not sure what is going on there. He was on Jesse Hogan, perhaps that is why, but he din't seem to have much run.
    Did I say grey, taylor and clarke like to chip the ball around and go nowhere! No tackles though. Grey was probably the best, but if they are under any pressure they mis-kick or turn the ball over. Warner was ok in parts, same with McInerney. Allir rucked for a bit and won some good clearances.
    Overall, it was very much a hands off game, not much tackling or pressure, lots of uncontested ball. Swans probably won by 3/4 goals. It is hard to judge who is going well in this environment, and who could step up.