Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 4 Swans vs Bulldogs Thur 25-Jun at SCG #AFLSwansDogs

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Surely the opposition have someone watching the Swans bench? That’s one way they can tell if there’s an interchange error. And if that guy saw the Swans Doc go to Naismith, surely it’s not inconceivable that they would alert their own frizzy headed doc who could very easily see that our Doc was performing a Lachman’s test (that’s the only one they televised but I expect for due diligence they would have done an anterior draw and a pivot shift), but from the Lachman’s alone it’s a dead giveaway that they suspect a knee. Body language might give away any suspicions.
    The Dogs medico is Gary Zimmerman a well known noted orthopedic surgeon. He is retained by Racing Victoria as the chief medical advisor and treatment coordinator to injured jockeys. Absolutely top bloke, so he would have known and had great empathy towards Sam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yes. I'm sure the club will get around him.
    There is a horse in WA called Boys Getaroundhim.

Suspended by the MRP
    Their young players were better than ours. English, Smith, Lipinski, Dale, Williams, West. Even their debutant Butler. All had starring roles in a big win that resurrects the Dogs season.

Rowbottom aside, did ours miss the bus to the match? Florent was nowhere to be seen, looked out of his league against a midfield of premiership stars. Taken forward steps this year but this game was a gigantic backwards step.

What are Hayward, McLean, Blakey, McInerney, RONKE offering us? Nothing. Just meaningless possessions here and there and living off promise rather than delivering.

Mills and Hewett offer nothing by way of attack. It's reassuring to know they can negate their opponents but they're pretty unhelpful if they can't even get 20-25 touches. Heeney is only as good as the team is we are finding out.

Papley is the only player who can walk away from a disgraceful performance with his head held high. My heart broke for our warrior captain. Even more so knowing his team had let him down after 250 games of giving his all for them.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    10/10
    Actually, 11/11
    Yeah, looks good.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post

Does anyone else remember his actions on the ground after the 2012 granny? I hope he eventually got around to congratulating Joey
    His grandfather definitely congratulated him on the ground. They showed some footage last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    We play better in the afternoon.
    Interesting observation

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Their young players were better than ours. English, Smith, Lipinski, Dale, Williams, West. Even their debutant Butler. All had starring roles in a big win that resurrects the Dogs season.

Rowbottom aside, did ours miss the bus to the match? Florent was nowhere to be seen, looked out of his league against a midfield of premiership stars. Taken forward steps this year but this game was a gigantic backwards step.

What are Hayward, McLean, Blakey, McInerney, RONKE offering us? Nothing. Just meaningless possessions here and there and living off promise rather than delivering.

Mills and Hewett offer nothing by way of attack. It's reassuring to know they can negate their opponents but they're pretty unhelpful if they can't even get 20-25 touches. Heeney is only as good as the team is we are finding out.

Papley is the only player who can walk away from a disgraceful performance with his head held high. My heart broke for our warrior captain. Even more so knowing his team had let him down after 250 games of giving his all for them.
    We've had one bad game
    for the year. Some changes needed but also some perspective

Sam Naismith:

‘The 27-year-old, who will consult a surgeon next week, is facing a second traditional knee reconstruction. The LARS method is not being considered.’

'Terrible run': Injury a blow for Naismith The Swans' worst fears for Naismith were realised when scans confirmed the ruckman had torn the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
    http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/s...56ii.html?btis

Naismith is listed as being a RFA when his contract ends in 2021, which means he must be on a pretty good salary. I think if he retires due to injury, he gets compensation through the AFLPA, but I don't know the details. With AFL clubs facing reduced TPP in the coming years, the club needs to face Sam's playing future dispassionately. I don't think it's cruel in being realistic in saying that Sam is physically not up the rigours of football.

Of course, the club should do whatever they can, financially and medically, to get him through his recovery. But we shouldn't put him through another training regime, but rather allow him to get on with the next phase of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    We've had one bad game
    for the year. Some changes needed but also some perspective
    I agree. We're a young side and consistency is not quite there. Wholesale team changes and sacking the coach would be all well and good if there were other viable options. 2020 in a lot of ways is a write off at so many levels. I think we should just view it as a development year to get some games into guys we view as our future.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    His grandfather definitely congratulated him on the ground. They showed some footage last night.
    Thanks for that - not seeing that interaction had cast a shadow over my recollection of the day.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 28th June 2020 at 12:09 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Correct.....that's why Joey was a bit late to the joyous group photo after cup presentation.😁

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Hard to get a chance at a contested mark when players constantly kick it over their heads. Why is it when we have clean ball coming out of defence we then chip it 20 metres, our player stands with the ball looking for the next short kick until after about 5 tries we turn it over. Dawson is one of the biggest culprits. As I have said he plays to his weaknesses.
    I’d be surprised if it wasn’t coach’s instruction to control the ball out of defence (ie chip), then kick long into attack, bringing the ball to ground for the smalls. Not a great strategy IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk