Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Goodesy and Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Snaijk expressed an opinion just like you have been doing. The only person who can stop you is yourself. It wasn't an order.
    Where did I express an opinion about what can be said on this forum?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Where did I express an opinion about what can be said on this forum?
    Why do you have to take any notice of what other people think should be on the forum? No one is stopping you, even if they disagree.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Yes I do.

Goodes was definitely bullied. It was unacceptable and a big shame. I don’t believe it was racist. Not interested in opening that debate again though.

Blackface unacceptable as we all agree.

Nothing wrong with calling out racism but it has become political. People with agendas have hijacked this. As they have done in the States with BLM.

Bega cheese, Captain Cook, Ben Boyd Road, Redskins, Chicos, heck even the game of chess have all recently been declared ‘racist’.
    You're not interested in opening the Goodesy debate again? Are you bored with it? You think the problem no longer exists? You've moved on?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    You're not interested in opening the Goodesy debate again? Are you bored with it? You think the problem no longer exists? You've moved on?
    Not particularly. I never felt at the time it was racist and still don’t. My opinion was that it was bullying.

Senior Player
    Not particularly. I never felt at the time it was racist and still don’t. My opinion was that it was bullying.
    Nothing to do with his stance on race? Deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Nothing to do with his stance on race? Deluded.
    Correct. I also think you are deluded.

Why do you think he was being bullied?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Why do you think he was being bullied?
    Because he showed that the booing hurt him and he didn’t like it. Once football crowds, particularly moronic ones like Hawthorn and West Coast, sense blood, they keep going. It then became a free for all. People had no idea why they were booing, they just booed because it put him off.

As mentioned, am not keen to open this debate all over again and am engaging no more.

Because he showed that the booing hurt him and he didn’t like it. Once football crowds, particularly moronic ones like Hawthorn and West Coast, sense blood, they keep going. It then became a free for all. People had no idea why they were booing, they just booed because it put him off.

As mentioned, am not keen to open this debate all over again and am engaging no more.
    One more question if I may - why do you think the booing started in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Some things are called political, but really aren't. I mean, really, how did wearing a face mask become aligned to left or right politics. Same with racism, same with climate change.

Those who have those views try to frame it as politics to hide behind the rights of free speech.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, but more importantly, everyone has a RESPONSIBILITY to make it an informed opinion.
    I just fell off my chair.
    I think I've done my back in.
    100% agree
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Yes I do.

Goodes was definitely bullied. It was unacceptable and a big shame. I don’t believe it was racist. Not interested in opening that debate again though.

Blackface unacceptable as we all agree.

Nothing wrong with calling out racism but it has become political. People with agendas have hijacked this. As they have done in the States with BLM.

Bega cheese, Captain Cook, Ben Boyd Road, Redskins, Chicos, heck even the game of chess have all recently been declared ‘racist’.
    YOU don't believe it was racist. Seriously?
    Goodesy thought it was racist; the coach thought it was racist; the club thought it was racist; MickyO thought it was racist; I thought it was racist; and the majority of Swans fans thought it was racist.
    The AFL apologised for being racist.
    I just can't imagine how you think it wasn't racist. Do you live with your head in the sand?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

If anyone is in any doubt about the booing of Goodesy, please go and watch both docos about it that came out last year: The Final Quarter and The Australian Dream

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast