Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodesy and Magic

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar

Goodesy and Magic

Goodesy and Magic still leading the way!

AFL: Adam Goodes call convinces Mike Sheahan to quit Sam Newman show

AFL: Mike Sheahan quits Sam Newman podcast after Nicky Winmar backlash

Would've thought that Sheahan would be smart enough to realise that aligning himself with Newman and Scott would reflect badly on him.
    Last edited by Sandridge; 3rd July 2020 at 11:08 AM.

Senior Player
    I'd never heard of this podcast before, but am surprised Sheahan would be on a show with Newman. Is he that desperate for money?
    Maybe he needs a GoFundMe page or something. Newman is just an appalling individual. I think the Geelong footy club should accept
    Newman's request or offer or whatever it was for his name to be expunged from the clubs records. They could replace his name
    with the phrase "disgusting bigot" in their records. When you watch "Open Mike" you notice that Sheahan does have this tendency to
    believe that every issue or difference can be reconciled if everyone sits down with a beer or a coffee and talks everything through.
    He actually does believe in this fallacy. That's the only "excuse" I can think of for Mike. Newman is just poison, and everything around
    him is poisoned and Mike should know this.
    Last edited by KTigers; 3rd July 2020 at 11:39 AM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I'd never heard of this podcast before, but am surprised Sheahan would be on a show with Newman. Is he that desperate for money?
    Maybe he needs a GoFundMe page or something. Newman is just an appalling individual. I think the Geelong footy club should accept
    Newman's request or offer or whatever it was for his name to be expunged from the clubs records. They could replace his name
    with the phrase "disgusting bigot" in their records. When you watch "Open Mike" you notice that Sheahan does have this tendency to
    believe that every issue or difference can be reconciled if everyone sits down with a beer or a coffee and talks everything through.
    He actually does believe in this fallacy. That's the only "excuse" I can think of for Mike. Newman is just poison, and everything around
    Notice there is mediation proposed between Winmar and Newman, Scott and Sheehan. If I was Winmar, I wouldn't bother nor be so generous.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Harsh, but fair.

Questions must be asked of who gives Newman the media air space to begin with.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Goodesy and Magic still leading the way!

AFL: Adam Goodes call convinces Mike Sheahan to quit Sam Newman show

AFL: Mike Sheahan quits Sam Newman podcast after Nicky Winmar backlash

Would've thought that Sheahan would be smart enough to realise that aligning himself with Newman and Scott would reflect badly on him.
    Couldn't agree more. I found it hard to believe.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Harsh, but fair.

Questions must be asked of who gives Newman the media air space to begin with.
    Made his name on his mate Eddie's low life Footy Show

Senior Player
    I struggle with Mike Sheahan's stupidity and naivety. What did he think the value could possibly be in hanging out with that tossbag? Its like saying, 'Yeah I know Jeffrey Dahmer's a serial killer and everything, but he makes a ripper cup of coffee.'
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Made his name on his mate Eddie's low life Footy Show
    Back in 2005, Tony Wilson wrote a novel called, Players: which was a scathing and hilarious send up of the Footy Show.

https://www.theage.com.au/entertainm...09-gdzxo1.html

It might be hard to track down a paper copy, but for people who don't mind reading books online, I'm sure there's e-copies available.

I listen to the podcast all of the time and it is fantastic.

They absolutely said nothing wrong and it is a joke they have been smashed for this.

You may not like or agree with Sam Newman, that's fine, don't listen to him. The fact people constantly have to talk about him and go out of their way tell the world how bad he is frustrates me. Most of the time it is purely aligned to their political views.

Some things are called political, but really aren't. I mean, really, how did wearing a face mask become aligned to left or right politics. Same with racism, same with climate change.

Those who have those views try to frame it as politics to hide behind the rights of free speech.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, but more importantly, everyone has a RESPONSIBILITY to make it an informed opinion.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I listen to the podcast all of the time and it is fantastic.

They absolutely said nothing wrong and it is a joke they have been smashed for this.

You may not like or agree with Sam Newman, that's fine, don't listen to him. The fact people constantly have to talk about him and go out of their way tell the world how bad he is frustrates me. Most of the time it is purely aligned to their political views.
    As opposed to what. Making statements that aren't aligned with their "political views". I wouldn't have thought that was that common.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Back in 2005, Tony Wilson wrote a novel called, Players: which was a scathing and hilarious send up of the Footy Show.

https://www.theage.com.au/entertainm...09-gdzxo1.html

It might be hard to track down a paper copy, but for people who don't mind reading books online, I'm sure there's e-copies available.
    Thanks for the recommendation Deja. I wasn't aware of this one. I'm a big fan of The Deadly Kerfuffle; thought it was brilliant.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast