Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Goodesy and Magic

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    As opposed to what. Making statements that aren't aligned with their "political views". I wouldn't have thought that was that common.
    To simplify it for you, people don't like Sam because they don't like his political views. Instead of ignoring him, like I might ignore David Shoebridge, they go out of their way to bring him down.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    To simplify it for you, people don't like Sam because they don't like his political views. Instead of ignoring him, like I might ignore David Shoebridge, they go out of their way to bring him down.
    Newman has a history of targetting disadvantaged groups and soft targets. Street Talk on the Footy Show mocked people with disabilities for cheap laughs. Our supposed enlightened mate Eddie was the ringmaster. Needs to be called out, not ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Newman has a history of targetting disadvantaged groups and soft targets. Street Talk on the Footy Show mocked people with disabilities for cheap laughs. Our supposed enlightened mate Eddie was the ringmaster. Needs to be called out, not ignored.
    This is crap. He specifically talked about Street Talk in the podcast but I bet you didn’t bother to listen to get your facts straight.

Senior Player
    This is crap. He specifically talked about Street Talk in the podcast but I bet you didn’t bother to listen to get your facts straight.
    Saw it with my own eyes. There is a reason he finally got the arse from 9.

Senior Player
    Why would I listen? Seen and heard too much from him over the years. Has a history of kicking the indigenous as well as being a misogynist. Dinosaur.

Why would I listen? Seen and heard too much from him over the years. Has a history of kicking the indigenous as well as being a misogynist. Dinosaur.
    Exactly. Why listen when you can just make stuff up, take things out of context and get stuck in.

Senior Player
    Bring him down? from where? His highly exalted position as a racist, patronising podcast blowhard. Yep, cut down in his prime alright.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Exactly. Why listen when you can just make stuff up, take things out of context and get stuck in.
    You mean, like the way Sheahan, Scott and Newman "made up stuff" about what Winmar was thinking when he did what he did?

They were three white guys who had the audacity to presume that they knew what an indigenous man was thinking when he raised his guernsey and pointed to his skin. They deserve everything they get for impudence and stupidity alone.
    Sure, they’re allowed to have an opinion. But if they’d bothered to ask Winmar what his motives were before they opened their mouths, they could’ve then formed an opinion that was based on fact.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    You mean, like the way Sheahan, Scott and Newman "made up stuff" about what Winmar was thinking when he did what he did?

They were three white guys who had the audacity to presume that they knew what an indigenous man was thinking when he raised his guernsey and pointed to his skin. They deserve everything they get for impudence and stupidity alone.
    Sure, they’re allowed to have an opinion. But if they’d bothered to ask Winmar what his motives were before they opened their mouths, they could’ve then formed an opinion that was based on fact.
    And they are now in the process of being rightly humiliated.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...ec30da3da21566

Senior Player
    The thing is, to these three blowhards Winmar is just a dumb indigenous footballer who couldn't possibly know what he was doing.
    They want to live in this entitled fantasy world of "good blokes", and anyone that complains or protests is just soft and a whinger
    (see Newman's comments on Goodsey), or being exploited by "elites" (Winmar).
    Last edited by KTigers; 4th July 2020 at 05:59 PM.

Senior Player
    Are you going to bother to read Newman's apology? Couldn't be clearer. He has stuffed whatever sliver of a reputation he still had.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast