Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 5 Vs West Coast Eagles

Regular in the Side
    F...ing umps Hayward had no prior but @@@@head Clarkson who controls the afl gets whatever he wants.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Some of those dubious holding the ball calls need to go our way too.
    Commentators not objective. Hayward holding the ball was preposterous. Mouthpieces for the AFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    WTF Aliir!!!! How can you not take control of the ball?
    Though he was looking directly into the sun m

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    F...ing umps Hayward had no prior but @@@@head Clarkson who controls the afl gets whatever he wants.
    And no possible way to dispose of the ball legally when he went to ground in the tackle. What is he supposed to do in such a circumstance?
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    I agree with all the above about holding the ball - although I reckon it is better this week than it has been all year.

We are making some mistakes sure, but we are moving it on quickly in most cases. I'd love to see a quick movement from a kick in from a behind.

Kennedy and Rowbottom doing well...Rowbottom was not sited much in 1/4 but did well in that. Blakey showing a better game IMHO

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I agree with all the above about holding the ball - although I reckon it is better this week than it has been all year.

We are making some mistakes sure, but we are moving it on quickly in most cases. I'd love to see a quick movement from a kick in from a behind.

Kennedy and Rowbottom doing well...Rowbottom was not sited much in 1/4 but did well in that. Blakey showing a better game IMHO
    Considering we have no regular key forwards, going okay. Effort there. Quick game style is the right strategy. Turning it over a bit too much.

Veterans List
    Our poor disposals have let us down. Florent is great at kicking over the head of a leading player and we continually turn it over by hand balling to a player's feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I'm all for the umpires being strict on the holding the ball rule but you have to take into account prior opportunity. I thought Hayward was stiff especially as he had his arm held. And then 1 minute later the same situation happens and the Eagles player had an arm free to handball but no free kick. You could hear the boos from the small crowd.
    Yes, you could argue that if your arm is a half-nelson before getting the ball, then it's your free kick. Also watching Rampe's duel with Kennedy. Kennedy is getting away with a lot of crap.

Senior Player
    I will be bold and call for a big 2nd half from Dawson - I hope anyway. HFF and free to roam should be his spot I think.

We have some passengers!!! And they are a couple of the guys brought in - Ronke, Clark. Minimal contribution and just are not up to it. Pity some of our young talent not tried, even against West Coast. Nothing to lose

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Already a wreck ... Clarke looked like he didn't know about holding the ball rule ... advertised it like the lemon he is ... Hayward marks ... ignores my plea to kick it forward ... loses ball in middle ... Allir ... what? had enough already ... Florent ... forgot him ... just not a good thinker
    Hayward is very soft at the contest. Does he really want to be out there? Absolute liability down back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Hayward is very soft at the contest. Does he really want to be out there? Absolute liability down back.
    I can't see how he will ever be an effective defender - doesn't read the play effectively at all from what I've seen.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast