Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 5 Vs West Coast Eagles

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That Hayward decision was terrible, I have no idea how he could have legally disposed of that ball. If they're saying he decided to take possession (of a ball that basically just fell in his lap) then they need to pay it all over the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm enjoying the game overall, it's been quite entertaining.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I can't see how he will ever be an effective defender - doesn't read the play effectively at all from what I've seen.
    I like the idea of trying him in the backline, he has excellent physical attributes to be an attacking defender but he seems to be thrown in the deep end and playing quite deep (hard to tell on the TV).
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Obviously we have some players down on form and we've made some critical errors, but overall the team looks to be working fairly well together. I think the game style is coming along. We just need to improve on the execution. We've had our opportunities at centre bounces to win a few more of those contested balls than we did, despite the overwhelming advantage the WCE have in the ruck.

We have a serious height disadvantage at both ends of the ground, so we're going to get hurt on the scoreboard. But around the ground, I think we've done well in that first half. The mistakes by some of our players is disappointing, but I'm taking the first half as a positive.

Senior Player
    Now that holding the ball is being paid without prior opportunity no one wants to take possession. Net result congestion. The one going going for the ball is penalised, contrary to the object of the game.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

I was going to be critical of Clarke as he has been pretty ordinary with his disposals and decision making as usual. But I forgot that he is probably doing a job on someone and the Commentators reminded me he was on Gaff, who's having his quietest game of the year. So job well done I guess!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Hayward has a the physical presence of a 12yr old

Kicking long is what West Coast want us to do, need to pick them off

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I was going to be critical of Clarke as he has been pretty ordinary with his disposals and decision making as usual. But I forgot that he is probably doing a job on someone and the Commentators reminded me he was on Gaff, who's having his quietest game of the year. So job well done I guess!

He still can’t handball properly, how can our coaching staff continue to overlook that?

In other news, the Hayward experiment needs to end this week...

Senior Player
    I like Hayward but he shouldn’t be anywhere near the senior team at the moment. I doubt Longmire will drop him though

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    He still can’t handball properly, how can our coaching staff continue to overlook that?
    Agree. As I said, his disposal and more annoyingly, his decision making is poor at best.

Regular in the Side
    Getting a little ugly now. NIC Nat is killing us on his own. They seem much slicker and with better decision making. More experienced side so not unexpected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Goes up to 11
    I fully expect to be struck down by lightning or something but I reckon Kennedy has had a stinker...

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast