Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 5 Vs West Coast Eagles

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Undermanned and out of position and injuries blah blah blah.

We have passengers getting games over kids, one is a top 5 pick. In the age of entitlement these guys need games.

Ronke, Cunningham, COR, Hayward, Gray..... How exactly are they holding out anyone. 10 possessions from an experienced player (consistently) may mean they deserve to be overlooked.

Harry C in the side as a run with ? Why, let a kid do that.

Stephens has the biggest tank at the club
    Cunningham playing a role in the backline. Was on Ryan and did ok.

Beautiful day to watch the footy and Metricon is just an awesome ground. Now the bad news......

We have too many players not of AFL standard. Our midfield was slaughtered, not only by the ruck dominance but also through lack of execution and composure. Too often we would string together 2 or 3 hand passes with a final kick or hand pass needed to get into space being completely fluffed. Our lack of pace on the outside was obvious. Tackling pressure poor. JPK, Parks and Rowbottom were solid enough but with no helpers.

Our backline was spanked. Poor in the one on one contests. Rampe must pull his hair out every week with the lack of support. Lloyd racks up the touches as a link but really there is no one to run off him with any effect.

Our forward line suffers from opportunity. No point bombing it in when we are midgets but that's about all we can conjure up. At one point, Paps was outnumbered in a marking contest against McGovern and Barass. Most times we were outnumbered in attack because we had to push numbers into our beleaguered defence. Having said all this, the lack of forward tackling pressure was obvious, with the Eagles exiting defence with ease.

We obviously need our big men back. But our list is still very shallow, especially in the midfield and defence. Based on what I saw live today, Clarke, COR, Cunningham, Hayward, Gray, Melican, Aliir and Ronke would all struggle to hold their spots if we had any suitable replacements.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Beautiful day to watch the footy and Metricon is just an awesome ground. Now the bad news......

We have too many players not of AFL standard. Our midfield was slaughtered, not only by the ruck dominance but also through lack of execution and composure. Too often we would string together 2 or 3 hand passes with a final kick or hand pass needed to get into space being completely fluffed. Our lack of pace on the outside was obvious. Tackling pressure poor. JPK, Parks and Rowbottom were solid enough but with no helpers.

Our backline was spanked. Poor in the one on one contests. Rampe must pull his hair out every week with the lack of support. Lloyd racks up the touches as a link but really there is no one to run off him with any effect.

Our forward line suffers from opportunity. No point bombing it in when we are midgets but that's about all we can conjure up. At one point, Paps was outnumbered in a marking contest against McGovern and Barass. Most times we were outnumbered in attack because we had to push numbers into our beleaguered defence. Having said all this, the lack of forward tackling pressure was obvious, with the Eagles exiting defence with ease.

We obviously need our big men back. But our list is still very shallow, especially in the midfield and defence. Based on what I saw live today, Clarke, COR, Cunningham, Hayward, Gray, Melican, Aliir and Ronke would all struggle to hold their spots if we had any suitable replacements.
    Spot on summary.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Better recruiting than us. Taylor, Gray , Clarke?? Not one of them is up to AFL standard. Our recruiting officer must be losing it and its time to find an replacement.

First three first choice rucks injured. First three choice key forwards injured. Team already rebuilding after losing about 1000 games experience through retirement. Let’s be honest. We had almost no chance.

I thought Cunningham was pretty good. Locked down Ryan well and generally used the ball well.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I thought Cunningham was pretty good. Locked down Ryan well and generally used the ball well.
    He is late 20s playing a lockdown role in a team no chance to play finals..... who cares put a kid in to do that

Senior Player
    He is late 20s playing a lockdown role in a team no chance to play finals..... who cares put a kid in to do that
    On Liam Ryan? And shatter his confidence? Bit of realism needed I reckon. Ruck, forward line and midfield more of a problem than backline

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    On Liam Ryan? And shatter his confidence? Bit of realism needed I reckon. Ruck, forward line and midfield more of a problem than backline
    Other teams have kids playing midfield against the best in the comp, their footballers let them play, take off the kid gloves

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I'm glad I turned him off - I couldn't put up with any more of his outwards masturbation over Wet Toast. Just embarrasing to listen to.
    The game was horrid, but less awful when muted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    That's because he was knackered. I thought he worked hard all game like Rowbottom. Those 2 boys were competing right to the end.
    Right on.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I would persist trying to play Hayward into form. We can't just drop our more talented players, or we just won't a future. Maybe Hayward can play more midfield, and force him to get involved in the game.
    I had the same position on Hayward until today. It's not just finding the ball; he's making errors whenever it is in his vicinity. His confidence is eroding. He looks lost. Demotion would be merciful and a chance for him to recuperate.

He is 26. Is that late 20’s?

I would be happy with another 5-6 years of a strong lock down small defender.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast