Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Round 5 Vs West Coast Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Not at all like us. We've taken 3 years.
    We’re not a rabble. We’re young, inexperienced, and haven’t got a fit player over 185cm tall. After watching the Freo - Adelaide game today, we’re on a far better trajectory.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Hayward had 5 tackles and plenty of big spoils. Not as bad a game as it looked.
    I'm with you, thought it was the best he'd looked for a while. Has some things to learn about backline craft and positioning your body but that will come.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    I'm with you, thought it was the best he'd looked for a while. Has some things to learn about backline craft and positioning your body but that will come.
    I was sitting right on centre wing, could almost see the whites of his eyes, which looked like the figurative deer when he had to make a few decisions.........

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I was sitting right on centre wing, could almost see the whites of his eyes, which looked like the figurative deer when he had to make a few decisions.........
    Yeah hardest thing for a natural forward playing backline is deciding when you have to stick with your man and when you can actually attack the ball. As a forward you are used to just attacking the ball as it comes in. Can be quite hard for many natural forwards to adjust to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Yeah hardest thing for a natural forward playing backline is deciding when you have to stick with your man and when you can actually attack the ball. As a forward you are used to just attacking the ball as it comes in. Can be quite hard for many natural forwards to adjust to.
    Put him on the Wing, pit some suze on him and give him a tank. He has the same build Fyfe had, all shoulders, V back.

Ollie has come thru by being consistently played on the wing.

I wouldnt say he us a natural Fwd, he has been blessed playing alongside Buddy and Ried taking all the defences attention, most of his goals are over the back, he never kicks anything like Paps, in play, thats a natural forward.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Sam included some well chosen quotes from Adelaide hierarchy, including Ricciuto very recently, saying the camp had nothing to do with the loss of form and player exodus, and then demonstrates how it did. I thought its absolutely news.
    Ricciuto could be the problem.....for him to say the camp had nothing to do with their fall is frankly delusional. To me, he has always come across as confrontational and devisive.....and not the sort of 'administrator' that brings people together. He administrates the way he played.....like a battering ram.....and with arrogance. The 'club legend' tag doesn't instantly make you a good leader off the field. One needs to inspire those around them.....not frighten them into compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Put him on the Wing, pit some suze on him and give him a tank. He has the same build Fyfe had, all shoulders, V back.

Ollie has come thru by being consistently played on the wing.

I wouldnt say he us a natural Fwd, he has been blessed playing alongside Buddy and Ried taking all the defences attention, most of his goals are over the back, he never kicks anything like Paps, in play, thats a natural forward.
    I think Hayward played his junior career up forward so I guess when I say natural forward , I meant in that context. He's not a small forward in the mould of papley (Hayward is 187cm after all) but he has shown earlier in his career that he has a reasonable grab and kick but he looks out of sorts at the moment. He did have 5 tackles which was second only to Kennedy so that indicates the effort is their but the form isnt.

Wing might be the position but Im not sure if he is truly the jet that you need down the flanks. Half back flank would seem a natural fit for his build and his major attributes and at least then you could free Mills into the midfield. I think its worth perservering. Hes not adding anything up forward except tackle pressure.

If their were more options and times were different , a stint in the NEAFL would probably do him some good to get his confidence up but naturally thats not an option and scratch matches against GWS arent the answer in my view for building confidence.

All those calling for Gould et al to be included , I think we need a reality check. They have had little senior football and you can expect that they will get smashed at AFL level and Im not sure thats really that good for their confidence going forward. Gould is probably the only one for me that is built for seniors at this stage but not sure that he has set the world on fire in the scratch matches.

Forward as Junior without being too tall really just means your athletic or dont have a tank.

Midfielder as a junior means your committed, fit and tough

Defender as a junior witjoit being too tall means your smart and good ball user

Checkout this "Natural Midfielder"
    Weakness is his ability to play other positions

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1594008699955

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Forward as Junior without being too tall really just means your athletic or dont have a tank.

Midfielder as a junior means your committed, fit and tough

Defender as a junior witjoit being too tall means your smart and good ball user

Checkout this "Natural Midfielder"
    Weakness is his ability to play other positions

Arrgghhh

Great hands. If one thing could come from 2020 after Horse’s comment last week, please let him give Mills a run in the midfield

Arrgghhh

Great hands. If one thing could come from 2020 after Horse’s comment last week, please let him give Mills a run in the midfield
    Yeah , good hands but gotta say not that great a kick. Very loopy and not much penetration.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Yeah , good hands but gotta say not that great a kick. Very loopy and not much penetration.
    Which makes his current role even more I’ll-suited!

Which makes his current role even more I’ll-suited!
    Agreed. If his highlights reel is any indication, then half back flank is not his ideal role