Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 5 Vs West Coast Eagles

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    That's because he was knackered. I thought he worked hard all game like Rowbottom. Those 2 boys were competing right to the end.
    Yep. Thought they were two of our best. Had a go all day and tried to make something happen. I think we need to remember just how early in their careers they are. Less than 20 games for Rowbottom so far and I think that was McInerny's 5th. Both showing considerable promise.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Blakey was better up the ground, there are very few Key Fwds in the comp taking contested marks in the Fwd 50, so a slightly built kid with poor service has no chance. Put him on the wing

Veterans List
    As if the game wasn't depressing enough.....I came home from work to read this thread. The negativity is almost galling.
    For a little perspective, here's who's out injured atm: Franklin, Reid, Naismith, Sinclair, Brand, McCartin.
    Here's who has left us or retired in the past few seasons: Goodes, Mitchell, McVeigh, Jack, Smith, Grundy, Hannerbury, Jones, Newman, Nankervis, Johnson.....need I go on?
    We are rebuilding, it's going to take some time....get used to it and get some perspective. I inferstamd that no one likes losing but a bit of 'glass half full' would be refreshing.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be "I understand that no one likes losing" etc.

[QUOTE =Nico;795860]That's because he was knackered. I thought he worked hard all game like Rowbottom. Those 2 boys were competing right to the end.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That’s the beauty of playing kids. The effort is there. We need more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Ludwig at least got the chance today to see how we go when ruckless.
    I wouldn't mind having another ruckman, but we don't have any open spots on our injury list.

As for the game, I don't know what people expect from us. We have no ruckman, playing against the most physically dominant ruckman in the comp. And we don't have a forward line. We were terribly undersized in defence against 4 tall forwards.

Gray, Ronke and Clarke can't dispose of the ball quickly enough or accurately enough to play a fast game.

I would persist trying to play Hayward into form. We can't just drop our more talented players, or we just won't a future. Maybe Hayward can play more midfield, and force him to get involved in the game.

There's little we can do about the ruck and forward line at the moment, but we should try to get our defence organized in anticipation of next season. We have the numbers on our list, but they're just young. We will get hurt in the short term, but we're going to lose most of our games anyway. We have to focus on development and forget the ladder this season. In fact, as has been stated, a low finish will ensure that we can get in a first round pick before Campbell.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    That's because he was knackered. I thought he worked hard all game like Rowbottom. Those 2 boys were competing right to the end.
    Agree with you about those youngsters, especially Rowbottom.
    I was disappointed with Allir, at one point early on like a little old lady who'd dropped her purse, and not even trying to keep Nic Nat honest for stretches of time.
    As someone said earlier, we were never going to win with the loss of so many talls.
    And our field kicking was too often off the mark, while the Wet Toast was on the whole much more accurate.
    We might do better at the draft ...
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I wouldn't mind having another ruckman, but we don't have any open spots on our injury list.

As for the game, I don't know what people expect from us. We have no ruckman, playing against the most physically dominant ruckman in the comp. And we don't have a forward line. We were terribly undersized in defence against 4 tall forwards.

Gray, Ronke and Clarke can't dispose of the ball quickly enough or accurately enough to play a fast game.

I would persist trying to play Hayward into form. We can't just drop our more talented players, or we just won't a future. Maybe Hayward can play more midfield, and force him to get involved in the game.

There's little we can do about the ruck and forward line at the moment, but we should try to get our defence organized in anticipation of next season. We have the numbers on our list, but they're just young. We will get hurt in the short term, but we're going to lose most of our games anyway. We have to focus on development and forget the ladder this season. In fact, as has been stated, a low finish will ensure that we can get in a first round pick before Campbell.
    Now that's perspective.....thanks Ludwig.👍

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Blakey was better up the ground, there are very few Key Fwds in the comp taking contested marks in the Fwd 50, so a slightly built kid with poor service has no chance. Put him on the wing
    +1

He is not ready to be a key forward so shouldn't be played there! Whether we need one or not! He was a gun in the middle as a junior, show a bit of bloody flair Horse and throw him in there!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

And as if this day of football couldn't get any worse, Rowell goes down with a bad shoulder injury...

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I'm glad I turned him Russell off - I couldn't put up with any more of his outwards masturbation over Wet Toast. Just embarrasing to listen to.
    Do you think he and Bruce actually make 'Guitar Solo' faces when commentating?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    As if the game wasn't depressing enough.....I came home from work to read this thread. The negativity is almost galling.
    For a little perspective, here's who's out injured atm: Franklin, Reid, Naismith, Sinclair, Brand, McCartin.
    Here's who has left us or retired in the past few seasons: Goodes, Mitchell, McVeigh, Jack, Smith, Grundy, Hannerbury, Jones, Newman, Nankervis, Johnson.....need I go on?
    We are rebuilding, it's going to take some time....get used to it and get some perspective. I inferstamd that no one likes losing but a bit of 'glass half full' would be refreshing.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be "I understand that no one likes losing" etc.
    Could not agree more, this comment puts the Swans situation in real perspective

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    And as if this day of football couldn't get any worse, Rowell goes down with a bad shoulder injury...

....and the Suns are getting flogged to boot. Time to see how much fortitude they have.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast