Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 5 Vs West Coast Eagles

Senior Player
    Eagles one man down, we were flogged last week in the same situation

Will be poor if we get beaten easily again

Regular in the Side
    Already a wreck ... Clarke looked like he didn't know about holding the ball rule ... advertised it like the lemon he is ... Hayward marks ... ignores my plea to kick it forward ... loses ball in middle ... Allir ... what? had enough already ... Florent ... forgot him ... just not a good thinker
    Last edited by Gary; 4th July 2020 at 03:38 PM.

We've lifted our intensity the last 5 minutes!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    That was a fair handball by Rowbottom

Those posters who bagged out Rowbottom after the Essendon loss should be hanging their heads. He's all class. Very promising young player. I love him.

Poor Hayward is a shell of a player. No confidence. How he is getting a game is beyond me. Just a train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Already a wreck ... Clarke looked like he didn't know about holding the ball rule ... advertised it like the lemon he is ... Hayward marks ... ignores my plea to kick it forward ... loses ball in middle ... Allir ... what? had enough already ...
    Totally agree about the Clarke call, was always going to be holding the ball. He has been poor as expected. Hayward still looks lost down back (was stiff then holding the ball), Longmire clearly loves the kid as anyone else would be dropped by now.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

These umps are killing us.

Also love McInerney. 2018 draft haul much better than 2017.

Veterans List
    I'm all for the umpires being strict on the holding the ball rule but you have to take into account prior opportunity. I thought Hayward was stiff especially as he had his arm held. And then 1 minute later the same situation happens and the Eagles player had an arm free to handball but no free kick. You could hear the boos from the small crowd.

Some of those dubious holding the ball calls need to go our way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    These umps are killing us.
    The umpiring in that quarter would make Clarko proud.... they must have thought it was Hawthorn of about 2015 out there. Dreadful. That holding the ball call against Hayward...

I like how we are trying to play the game, but skill errors are absolutely killing us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I'm all for the umpires being strict on the holding the ball rule but you have to take into account prior opportunity. I thought Hayward was stiff especially as he had his arm held. And then 1 minute later the same situation happens and the Eagles player had an arm free to handball but no free kick. You could hear the boos from the small crowd.
    Yep spot on Mel. Exactly the same situation. If your going to apply the rule in that way, it has to be applied that way every time.

Between the umpiring and Dwayne's open dribbling in the commentary box.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast