Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 5 Vs West Coast Eagles

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    This is going to be an ugly last 10 minutes. We are absolutely spent.

Still think those few minutes before qtr time turned the game - as a young team we got no reward for what was a really good start.
    Even though the Eagles were a man down for the game

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    And Dwayne Russell has really done my head in !!!
    Agreed. He is shocking!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    How u guys can say rowbottom has got it I don't know.

I needed a good laugh, thanks for that. That kid is an absolute gun. Amongst our best in a very disappointing performance.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Yes I can't really get into this season at all. I muted the TV, cannot handle the West Coast bias in the commentary. I don't think we're playing too badly, but this all seems just like a training drill. I'd like to see us use this season as a trial for some of our younger players to see who has got what it takes, and who hasn't. I'm a bit concerned about Haywood. Seems his decision making is all over the shop.

Anyway, it's all part of development.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Agreed. He is shocking!!!
    I'm glad I turned him off - I couldn't put up with any more of his outwards masturbation over Wet Toast. Just embarrasing to listen to.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Turned the sound down during second quarter after they endorsed the Hayward holding the ball decision
    Just stick with ABC Grandstand.....they said 'no prior' and were shocked the free was paid. Don't know why anyone bothers with TV commentary....

So frustrating that Heeney and Mills don’t get more midfield time. Heeney is totally wasted forward. His kick to Papley in junk time was exactly why he would be so damaging playing mid.

So frustrating that Heeney and Mills don’t get more midfield time. Heeney is totally wasted forward. His kick to Papley in junk time was exactly why he would be so damaging playing mid.
    Yep, hard to disagree. I know we are short of options down back perhaps, but they have to try Mills as a midfielder for mine. Heeney should be also playing more in midfield then he does.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Ah yes, hindsight......makes us all experts.😒
    The usual suspects have lined up again..We are going through growing pains and a lot of young players will be better off for the experience. Ruck and Reid and Buddy missing a massive problem.

Agree that Ronke, Gray not deserving their spots. No point picking youngsters if they're not ready. I'd like to see Warner come in next week. He seems to have shown the best form of the draftees so far. Maybe try Foot too? I hope they don't bring Squizzy back. what's the point after just one week out and no scratch match?

Senior Player
    Eagles may have been a man down but they were pretty much close to full strength, unlike us. Hard work for our mids to play without a recognised ruckman when they have one of the very best in the league.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Goes up to 11
    Hear hear. It's an absolute must that they get more midfield time from now on. Heeney especially thrives on the contest and is not a full forward. He needs to be given more opportunities to shape the game in the middle, and deliver more passes like that into the 50.

And Hayward can have a rest. He's stinking it up this year.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast