Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 6 v Richmond Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    I'd love to see a formal rotation policy. Estqblish a core group and actively rotate our youngers players around it. Those that step up could be added to the core group (occasionally). Would avoid us getting shallakings but provide all players with motivation to stay fit and motivated. Would ensure we don't have our reserves rotting in obscurity. Salvage something from this lamentable mess.
    Agree 100%. And as part of this, make the tough decision around certain players now that they will not be part of the rebuild. One thing I noticed yesterday was that we lack pace. KB brought Ling, Stoddart, Foote and Stephens in to address this yet none can get a run. If they're not ready, then they definitely won't get ready just training and playing scratch matches. The shortened quarters should suit these guys at this stage of their career. They all should be given a block of games to show us what their potential. Gould showed in the SANFL that he can penetrate either with run or kick if HB, another area we are deficient in. Get him in and perhaps Mills can be finally freed up to play on ball.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Why would you bring Lewis Taylor back in when he had 5 disposals in each of his last two outings. I would produce youth. Forget has beens

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk
    Mostly on the strength of his three goals against Essendon, when he actually looked pretty dangerous.

You'll notice the rest of the ins are young.

Apparently some senior Tigers players won’t be going to the hub, though they have t said who yet .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Apparently some senior Tigers players won’t be going to the hub, though they have t said who yet .

Hope their excuses are valid otherwise very precious and entitled. Melbourne footy bubble does create some deluded egos.

Senior Player
    Bad news keeps coming. McCartin still experiencing mild concussion symptoms. Hopefully he makes a full recovery soon.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...05-p5597n.html

Senior Player

Houli and Edwards. Both soon to become dads.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Prestia just went off with what looks like a knee as well. We might have half a chance against them next week

Changes for Round 6 v Richmond Tigers

Prestia just went off with what looks like a knee as well. We might have half a chance against them next week

Sounds as if Prestia injury is serious (possible ACL). Plus Cotchin and Nankervis also ended match on injury bench. Miserable on injury front for a few clubs now.
    Last edited by Meg; 5th July 2020 at 07:09 PM.

Senior Player

"Prestia was assisted off the ground with an ankle injury and was distraught on the bench after the game.

Cotchin suggested post game that he’d injured his hamstring again.

Earlier, ruckman Toby Nankervis appeared to twist his lower leg during the third term and didn’t take any part in the last quarter of the game.

Star goalkicker Tom Lynch appeared to have an issue with his hand, while Nathan Broad dislocated a finger in the second term."

Live AFL, Round 5, Melbourne vs Richmond | Live scores, stats, updates, video, live stream, live blog | FOX SPORTS

They are not a tall team at key positions either, so a better match up, physically at least.

Shane Edwards and Bachar Houli are the two senior players not going to the hub. Houli has a very recent newborn and Edwards has one due in August.

Fair enough I think.

Unless we start to play some real talent we will get blown away. No use playing blokes who will never be AFL standard. Richmond, in their 2017 premiership year, played youngsters with talent and slowly weeded out all the dross. It may be that some of our fav players could be victims of coaching for a premiership line up. So be it.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Shane Edwards and Bachar Houli are the two senior players not going to the hub. Houli has a very recent newborn and Edwards has one due in August.

Fair enough I think.

Fair call

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast