Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 6 v Richmond Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    OK. You may be right they're developing O'Riordan as a lockdown defender. He has the courage for it and I know it's a very hard role, but he looks a long way off in body work, tackling smarts and capacity to read leads. Sorry to be harsh, but I am not confident he has it in him. Where he's shown the most is in rebounding and kicking (although can be dodgy under pressure).

From what we've seen of Stoddart he's more of a pure rebounder although can mark and it'd be interesting to see what he's capable of with more bulk.

On Stoddart replacing Mills - do they have the same role? They are playing Mills more as an intercepting third tall defender aren't they?

It's hard to see a future elite lock down defender elsewhere on our list. I was interested to read barracuda suggest Foot playing off half-back - I thought he was playing forward.
    COR as a lockdown would be interesting, but I'd like to throw another name in the ring as a lockdown small, Ryan Clarke. His kicking is woeful, but he can stick to an opponent like glue, is hard at the ball, and lays a good tackle. He seems like the sort of guy who'd relish a career doing the dirty work. Just a thought. COR, Stoddart, Ling (if he ever plays), they all add dash off half back and can push up onto the wing. Clarke is basically just a second tagger behind Hewett.

Senior Player
    Warner and Stephens to debut

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Just saw it too. I'm stoked. Hope they have a blinder!

Senior Player
    So I predict

In Stephens Warner Brand
    Out Ronke Melican. Plus who else ?

I want gray out but I reckon they might drop Macinerny. I hope not because I’ve liked Macinernys energy. But I can see them playing Warner for his pressure ala ronke and Stephens playing the wing outside role that Macinerny has been playing

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Joey is one of our tallest players now. He's listed at 188cm but I reckon if he didn't hunch so much, he'd be a good 10cm taller. Suspect it's from all those years with his head over the ball. At this rate, he's going to get a start as our ruckman, FF or FB!
    (only kidding........)
    I've noticed the past couple of weeks that Kennedy seems to have lost some weight. He looks gaunt in the face. I hope he is ok.

Hooray, neither looks too small next to Kennedy

Looking forward to the matchup between Aliir and Mabior Chol. Could be a wake-up call for Aliir as I'm sure he wants to be known as the best Sudanese player in the AFL, but he's got some real competition in Chol.

Suspended by the MRP
    Hoping for changes that make sense this week, unlike every other week so far this year.

Brand in for Melican.
    Stephens in for McInerney.
    Warner in for Ronke.

I would go one step further and say Bell and Wicks in for Hayward and Gray . Aliir would not be getting games were it not for our injury crisis to the talls.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Hoping for changes that make sense this week, unlike every other week so far this year.

Brand in for Melican.
    Stephens in for McInerney.
    Warner in for Ronke.

I would go one step further and say Bell and Wicks in for Hayward and Gray . Aliir would not be getting games were it not for our injury crisis to the talls.
    Should persist with McInerney - highly promising.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Should persist with McInerney - highly promising.
    Am thinking like for like - looked weak in the contest against the Weagles so may need a spell

JMac has been willing to take the game on and has great energy. I'd like to see us stick with him and see how he develops for a few more games, he makes mistakes that young guys make when he tries to rush things, sometimes you just have to wear those mistakes as they develop.

I agree that Hayward might need to be dropped. He's been playing like he's carrying an injury. I remember seeing him get his elbow checked but that's just speculation.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Excited about this, as I'm sure we all are.

Loved the quote from Warner in the interview on the official site: 'can't wait to go out there are smash it'.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast