Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 6 v Richmond Tigers

I'm sure more people will get injured this week and join Amartey on the sidelines. At this rate it seems inevitable. Let's play a game with everybody under 180cm and see what happens.

I don't think there's an emoji that properly conveys my emotions, crying/laughing/screaming? I'm open to suggestions.

Senior Player
    With amarty our injured I reckon Gould has to come in now.

Aliir back to ruck and Gould and brand back

Quote Originally Posted by dazedjosh View Post
    Longmire just said in his press conference that Amartey got injured in the scratch match on the weekend. Groin, 2 weeks out. Goddamnit.......

McCartin was also confirmed as out. Brand is a chance of playing, no mention of Maibaum or Gould but surely they both must be a chance just to sheer lack of numbers and size. Gould might not be super tall, but he plays like a big unit and throws his body around.
    With ALL our ruck stocks out i reckon the match committee might seriously consider rushing Sinclair back this week, but most likely won't & try grind it out for another week with makeshift ruck. Hopefully we'll see reinforcements next week. Horse's philosophy of not gifting games will be sorely tested this week.

With Amartey out as well, Fox is our next in line ruckman. Good chance he would have otherwise played this week.

Groin injuries spreading faster than Covid. I wonder if there's a connection.

Next year we'll have Errol Gulden to add to our ruck stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    With amarty our injured I reckon Gould has to come in now.

Aliir back to ruck and Gould and brand back
    I have concluded that Horse’s overwhelming priority is picking the strongest team each week, with little consideration of player development or the longer term view.

So I think he’ll keep plugging holes and applying band aids. Aliir stays in the ruck, Mills in defence etc.

I’d love to be proved wrong but I think it will be:

Brand for Melican
    Taylor for Ronke

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I have concluded that Horse’s overwhelming priority is picking the strongest team each week, with little consideration of player development or the longer term view.

So I think he’ll keep plugging holes and applying band aids. Aliir stays in the ruck, Mills in defence etc.

I’d love to be proved wrong but I think it will be:

Brand for Melican
    Taylor for Ronke
    Agree on the ins and re Aliir and Mills.

But I think they'll be more adventurous. I think it's Taylor or Gray, not both. I'd prefer the former - he's shown greater capacity to hurt the opposition.

I have some optimism they'll pull the trigger on Warner for Gray - inject a bit of hunger and hardness.

I'd love to see Stoddart for O'Riordan as well.

It’s relatively unusual for the Swans to stick young players straight into the midfield (Rowbum is one noteable exception), so I wonder if they’d give Stephens a crack as a pressure forward replacement for Ronke?

Joey is one of our tallest players now. He's listed at 188cm but I reckon if he didn't hunch so much, he'd be a good 10cm taller. Suspect it's from all those years with his head over the ball. At this rate, he's going to get a start as our ruckman, FF or FB!
    (only kidding........)

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I have concluded that Horse’s overwhelming priority is picking the strongest team each week
    If thats the case, I think Horse needs to revisit the tape

He has seasoned guys, who over a 4 week period, cant get more than 10 touches a game.

Id be willing to bet the team wouldnt be any weaker rotating those strong players out with 1st year players.

On a side note, this is probably the most exciting draft picks we have had since Mills and here we are without NEAFL and far from dominating not giving any of them a game - Go figure

Connor Buderick

19 Yr Old, 174cm 75kg, Pick 16 Rookie Draft, Already has a Rising Star Nomination

Our blokes must be feeling the love

I note that the Swans says Reid may return this week, which isn’t how I read Charlie Gardeners comments!

Would be a handy in and potentially free up Aliir to go back ... Mills you know where etc

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Connor Buderick

19 Yr Old, 174cm 75kg, Pick 16 Rookie Draft, Already has a Rising Star Nomination

Our blokes must be feeling the love
    Swans played Paps in game 1 off the rookie list. And Harry Cunningham too. Its clearly player dependent.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast