Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 6 v Richmond Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Am thinking like for like - looked weak in the contest against the Weagles so may need a spell
    The kid can play. Ran himself to a stand still on Saturday. Given we're we are at and overall nature of season 2020, he should stay. I think there's more upside in him than others at the moment.

As well as the 2 debutants, looks like Brand and Reid are a chance. My prediction FWIW
    Ins Stephens Warner Brand Reid
    Outs Gray Ronke Melican Hayward

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    The kid can play. Ran himself to a stand still on Saturday. Given we're we are at and overall nature of season 2020, he should stay. I think there's more upside in him than others at the moment.
    Rated him after last weekend, wasnt as big on him before
    Ran himself ragged and has pacw few others have.
    Burnt off Tim Kelly on the wing, just fumbled it.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Rated him after last weekend, wasnt as big on him before
    Ran himself ragged and has pacw few others have.
    Burnt off Tim Kelly on the wing, just fumbled it.
    Potential gun. If so, another late pick coup. Huge upside. Very quick and big ticker.

Senior Player
    Looks like most of us were very happy with jMacs effort and intent.

That probably means he gets dropped knowing how accurate our predictions usually are.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Looks like most of us were very happy with jMacs effort and intent.

That probably means he gets dropped knowing how accurate our predictions usually are.
    Excited for the kids but geez it shows the lack of depth we currently have when we are debuting two kids with absolutely zero experience except a couple of scratch matches against the reigning premier. Good luck to them and like the enthusiasm but in reality we shouldnt expect much.

I actually feel sorry for the likes of Wicks, Bell , Stoddart and other more senior guys who havent been given much or any opportunity to see if they could cut it. They are the ones at the pointy end of delistings this year. The consistent reports Ive read on Wicks is that his tackle pressure is excellent so at the very least couldnt do much worse than Hayward up front whose only attribute at the moment is same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Excited for the kids but geez it shows the lack of depth we currently have when we are debuting two kids with absolutely zero experience
    Pick 5 plays Round 1 every year

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Pick 5 plays Round 1 every year
    I didnt know that and maybe would give me confidence if he had an experienced team around him but we arent anywhere near that at the moment.

Hopefully they both prove me wrong .

Excited for the kids but geez it shows the lack of depth we currently have when we are debuting two kids with absolutely zero experience except a couple of scratch matches against the reigning premier.
    It is actually indicative of how much depth we DO have, since even with a plethora of injuries, it's still very hard to crack into the senior team. BTW, every debutante plays his first game having zero AFL experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It is actually indicative of how much depth we DO have, since even with a plethora of injuries, it's still very hard to crack into the senior team. BTW, every debutante plays his first game having zero AFL experience.
    Firstly I did mean - no NEAFL or real preseason experience as opposed to Afl level .

I beg to differ on the question of depth - our injuries are in our big men not our midfield .

So do you think we are travelling well with strong depth ?

So do you think we are travelling well with strong depth ?
    No. Just being annoying.

There are two precedents to look at here. The first is Carlton, who have played alot of kids over the last few years for seemingly little huge improvement.

The other is GWS who use to get flogged all the time but now are a premiership powerhouse being driven by many of the kids who use to cop the hidings (admittedly many are the cream of the talent).

If we end up coping some blow outs, hopefully our youngsters will learn and come out the other side better players.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast