Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 6 v Richmond Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Warner will hopefully grow into the next Parker. Not the flashiest or most talented on the ground, but he'll never die wondering.
    Something interesting is that at least one Swan draftee finished in the top 10 in every draft combine category last year, with usually more than one in the rankings.

Warner is no slouch. You may find he's got a bit of flash. He finished 6th in the Agility Run, ahead of Stephens who was 10th, but behind Elijah Taylor, who came in 2nd. And Warner finished 4th in the Yo-Yo test; no other Swan finished in the top 10.

Stephens is quick and has endurance as well. He finished 10th in both the agility and sprint tests, and 3rd in the time trial.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Something interesting is that at least one Swan draftee finished in the top 10 in every draft combine category last year, with usually more than one in the rankings.

Warner is no slouch. You may find he's got a bit of flash. He finished 6th in the Agility Run, ahead of Stephens who was 10th, but behind Elijah Taylor, who came in 2nd. And Warner finished 4th in the Yo-Yo test; no other Swan finished in the top 10.

Stephens is quick and has endurance as well. He finished 10th in both the agility and sprint tests, and 3rd in the time trial.
    I'm sure Warner has some tricks up his sleeve, as Parker does. But his highlights reel didn't consist of anything besides tackling and a few contested hard ball wins. This is also no doubt what he is in the team for. So I'm not expecting much beyond that, nor does he have to do anything beyond that. Very excited to see he and Stephens combining with our other young midfielders.

Not expecting a favourable result though.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    In: Bell, Fox, Stephens, Stoddart, L.Taylor, Warner
    Out: Ronke (injured), Melican (injured)

Ext bench is Stoddart, Cunningham, McInerney, Aliir, Bell, Fox, L.Taylor, Warner

Richmond
    In: Bolton, Coleman-Jones, Collier-Dawkins, Eggmolesse-Smith, Garthwaite, Graham, Pickett, Ross, Soldo
    Out: Cotchin (injured), Edwards (managed), Houli (managed), Nankervis (injured) Prestia (injured)

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Ext bench is Stoddart, Cunningham, McInerney, Aliir, Bell, Fox, L.Taylor, Warner

Richmond
    In: Bolton, Coleman-Jones, Collier-Dawkins, Eggmolesse-Smith, Garthwaite, Graham, Pickett, Ross, Soldo
    Out: Cotchin (injured), Edwards (managed), Houli (managed), Nankervis (injured) Prestia (injured)
    No Brand or Reid unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Richmond
    I believe this sets a new record for inclusions with hyphenated names. Could be historic game.

It's probably just a coincidence, but I had Egg Molesse with Tahouli for lunch today.

Veterans List
    Is there a message in the extended bench?

Fox to ruck and Alliir in defence?

Sheesh has a team ever had so many injuries to almost exclusively tall players?

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Is there a message in the extended bench?
    Only change will be Stephens and Warner for Melican and Ronke. Thank goodness Hayward seems safe.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Senior Player
    So bench willl be trimmed to

Aliir Cunningham Warner and (Macinerny or Lewis).

I hope it’s jmac as I don’t want Gray and Lewis in the same team

Veterans List
    Going to be very wet so lucky we're not a tall side. Reckon Warner will love it given he's got pace and loves a tackle, good day for it!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    lucky we're not a tall side!
    Haha! I wouldn’t quite put it that way, but I understand your point.

the style of footy that the AFL has at the moment probably lends itself to tackling machines like Warner

Will be interesting - but I suspect we see him tagging and learning as per most introductions to Snr footy

welcome Mad Dog Warner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=YeS33pmT7RA
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 10th July 2020 at 08:59 AM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast