Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 6 v Richmond Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Excited about this, as I'm sure we all are.

Loved the quote from Warner in the interview on the official site: 'can't wait to go out there are smash it'.
    Looking forward to seeing Crazy Chad getting amongst it.

Hope they give him a job to do e.g. Martin

'Calm down': Why Horse had a word to feisty Sydney smokey

During a recent pre-season training session, Warner was his usual combative self. So much so that Sydney coach John Longmire had to stop proceedings for a quiet word with the midfielder.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    The kid can play. Ran himself to a stand still on Saturday. Given we're we are at and overall nature of season 2020, he should stay. I think there's more upside in him than others at the moment.
    "Weak in the contest" seemed a strange comment to me, but he did look cooked by the end. I've liked what I've seen but I won't be shocked if they give him a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    No. Just being annoying.

Very encouraged to see 2 of our young talented recruits being given the opportunity to play this week against Tigers. Nothing to lose by giving these boys a taste. Two different talents, one has silky skills and the other tough and ball winner. Looking forward to both showcasing their talent. Hopefully more of the young talent given an opportunity this season. Current players such as Clark, Lewis Taylor, Gray are not making a difference in the team and I'd rather play young hungry talent who give 500% a go in a lost season such as this year is. We need to keep blooding more of our young guys when there is the opportunity

Goes up to 11
    If we want a tagger, Clarke stays in. That seems to be pretty much what he does well, so for him it's probably a week to week proposition based on needs. And that depends on whether we want to free up George,l from being a tagger, which I'd hope so.

Stoked to see the two youngsters debuting - in a season that's shaping up as a bit bleak results-wise, the blooding of new talent can often be some sun shining through the clouds....

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    You're not the only one, MattW, who has singled out O'Riordan for demotion, but I don't see a compelling reason for dropping him. He is down from last year, especially the attacking part of his game. I feel that he's been instructed to focus on his defence first and rebuild his confidence after last year's injury. He was making very good progress last year before he got injured. I don't see why he can't continue on that course. I think he's heading to be be our lock down small defender. It will take time to learn to control some of the most talented players in the comp. I don't envy a player in that role.

I also would love to see Stoddart get a game, but rather replacing Mills so that Mills can finally play midfield.
    Agree here. Didn't think he was that bad. He was a little quiet but usually kicks well and makes decent attacking decisions when he gets it which is a breath of fresh air. We need all the fast players who kick well as we can get!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Yes seen him in action and he is a real hard nut. Reminds me a lot of young Luke Parker. Hope he can play like him in the big league.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Very encouraged to see 2 of our young talented recruits being given the opportunity to play this week against Tigers. Nothing to lose by giving these boys a taste. Two different talents, one has silky skills and the other tough and ball winner. Looking forward to both showcasing their talent. Hopefully more of the young talent given an opportunity this season. Current players such as Clark, Lewis Taylor, Gray are not making a difference in the team and I'd rather play young hungry talent who give 500% a go in a lost season such as this year is. We need to keep blooding more of our young guys when there is the opportunity
    I would be happy with a meagre 300% effort, but I must concede I have never been a demanding taskmaster.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Would love to see both of the new kids get in Dusty's face and bring a little huff and puff just prior to the first bounce! What a statement to the footy world (I thought of it first BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    Would love to see both of the new kids get in Dusty's face and bring a little huff and puff just prior to the first bounce! What a statement to the footy world (I thought of it first BTW)
    For Stephens sake I hope he doesn’t do that, not sure it ends too well for him. Warner might be okay though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suspended by the MRP
    Warner will hopefully grow into the next Parker. Not the flashiest or most talented on the ground, but he'll never die wondering.

Suspended by the MRP
    Poor Ollie doing the press conference this morning. You see some players have the knack for public speaking. Unfortunately not the case for Florent.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast