Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AFL Round 6 general discussion

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Not watching Pies/Hawks but from what I read, Patton has done a hamstring and the Hawks are getting flogged - kicked 2.6 so far, about halfway into Q4.
    Very little better than a Hawthorn thrashing.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Very little better than a Hawthorn thrashing.
    Always a joyous feeling :-)

Don't reckon their list is in great shape either. Assuming they're doing nothing this year, which is how it looks, next year they potentially have current Best 22 players and ages next year - Burgoyne 38, Puopolo 33, Smith, Henderson, Frawley, Stratton all 32, McEvoy 31, Ceglar, Bruest 30, Gunston, Scully, Shiels all 29.

Not a nice Best 22 profile if you're not contending.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Always a joyous feeling :-)

Don't reckon their list is in great shape either. Assuming they're doing nothing this year, which is how it looks, next year they potentially have current Best 22 players and ages next year - Burgoyne 38, Puopolo 33, Smith, Henderson, Frawley, Stratton all 32, McEvoy 31, Ceglar, Bruest 30, Gunston, Scully, Shiels all 29.

Not a nice Best 22 profile if you're not contending.
    Long may they suffer

There is some real spite for the wees and poos on here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    There is some real spite for the wees and poos on here!
    Have a bit of respect. Their official colours are mustard on turd.

Veterans List
    More joy reading the Hawks Autopsy thread on BF :-)

Yes, most of us on here just love seeing the evil empire imploding, fast dropping off the "destination" list for FA

Pretty bloody good game Saints v Freo, great win for the Dockers. Two men down for most of the game and 6 goals down after the first qtr.

Loving having an early game to watch. How good is lockdown when the footy is on ! 6 weeks, piece of cake ( although I’ll need to take it easy on the same game multis ... )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Pretty bloody good game Saints v Freo, great win for the Dockers. Two men down for most of the game and 6 goals down after the first qtr.

Loving having an early game to watch. How good is lockdown when the footy is on ! 6 weeks, piece of cake ( although I’ll need to take it easy on the same game multis ... )

Strange game, but what I saw in the second half, I enjoyed. That is, I watched about 5 minutes late in the first quarter, decided that the game was over and tuned out. Checked back in, halfway through the third, and was surprised that Freo were almost back level. From then on, I really enjoyed it and was glad that Freo repelled the final Saints charge.

AFL Round 6 general discussion

Not loving how holding the ball is being interpreted this round. Literally no prior , you take possession and get tackled at the same time and if the ball doesn’t come out, pinged. A few commentator have mentioned that it discourages taking possession or trying to win the ball, should just knock it on.

At least it has been consistent though, but a rule should be consistent throughout a season not tweaked round to round.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Not loving how holding the ball is being interpreted this round. Literally no prior , you take possession and get tackled at the same time and if the ball doesn’t come out, pinged. A few commentator have mentioned that it discourages taking possession or trying to win the ball, should just knock it on.

At least it has been consistent though, but a rule should be consistent throughout a season not tweaked round to round.

It annoys me that Clarko seems to make up the rules and Gill follows. No coach should have that prerogative, let alone the power to influence the rule maker.

It annoys me that Clarko seems to make up the rules and Gill follows. No coach should have that prerogative, let alone the power to influence the rule maker.
    Spot on. It’s great that the rule change he cried for has bitten him in the ass though. The umps in general last night seemed to make the 50/50 ones agains them !

Veterans List
    Yes I agree. Beveridge wasn't happy about it and said that the AFL flinched at Clarko's comments.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast