Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread. Richmond, Round 6.

If you had told me before the game that we would lose by 8 points to the defending premiers with no rucks, no tall forwards, one key back, and an injury to Kennedy in the first quarter, I would never have believed you. We also had Dawson, Blakey, and Paps all miss set shots that they would’ve made on other days.

In regards to selection, I personally would not have dropped Aliir but, to be fair, Fox played a better defensive game than Aliir has all season. His dropping was not the reason for our loss.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Just saw the Hardwick presser what a s*** he actually complained that Sydney tried to stop them scoring what a fuk head
    Were Richmond not trying to stop us scoring?

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Were Richmond not trying to stop us scoring?
    Gawd - the Melbourne press are going to love his comments. Fancy a patched up bunch of young inexperienced midgets would try and stop the holly tigers from scoring ????

What a &**&%%% Hardwick is.

Oh dear.
    Oh my.
    Oh Joey.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    Gawd - the Melbourne press are going to love his comments. Fancy a patched up bunch of young inexperienced midgets would try and stop the holly tigers from scoring ????

What a &**&%%% Hardwick is.
    I know. He always tries to give off this laconic Aussie bloke vibe in his press conferences but the whinging boys club sook is never
    much more than a tissue paper away.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Seriously, that is one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read on any thread. I'll put that one down to after a loss emotion. I mean, seriously?!
    So who is the most overrated player in our team then? Are you saying it's ridiculous to say someone is overrated? They can still be a good player but be overrated. Actually they have to be a decent player in the first place to even be considered to be overrated.

JPK is a true star. Parker isn't in his league. I don't think that's a ridiculous thing to say.

Parker is a solid citizen ie a good player but not a great one. Again far from ridiculous.

I think your own emotion and rose coloured glasses are clouding your view.

Senior Player
    I thought our players, especially the younger guys would have taken a lot of positives out of the game yesterday. It was a wet, low scoring
    slog but we didn't roll over and could have with a bit more luck pinched it. Right now it's not our job to be an advertisement for the code.
    We have a bunch of high school kids running around out there and the reality is they are going to play a lot of grinding, defensive, trench
    warfare footy in their careers so they may as well get used to it. We are missing Buddy and Reid in our forward line, so it shouldn't be
    a revelation that we aren't going to score a lot of goals.

Regular in the Side
    I don't understand the negativity on Parker, A bob skilton medallist and great Swan player trys his guts out

I know. He always tries to give off this laconic Aussie bloke vibe in his press conferences but the whinging boys club sook is never
    Yes, and that feeds into that negative stereotype, that's been perpetuated by the media talking heads, that the Swans play an ugly and defensive brand of football. Which I think started back in the Roos era, when our 'cortina' midfield, wouldn't let all the high draft pick 'sportscars' roam free. Which even then, ignored all the exciting football, played by the likes of, Goodesy, Tadhg, Mickey O, Leaping Leo, BBB, etc.

Senior Player
    He was getting his excuses in, anticipating the media criticism. Can't see Longmire ever putting it on another team - disrespectful.

Bit of deflection from Hardwick too. With the amount of inside 50’s they had, even with a bunch of stars missing they should have probably put us away and they couldn’t. Still had plenty of premiership players running around yesterday. If they pressed up more to put the pressure on they would have scored more turnovers and probably goals. They were happy sit back and let us chip it around as well. Takes two to tango.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Bit of deflection from Hardwick too. With the amount of inside 50’s they had, even with a bunch of stars missing they should have probably put us away and they couldn’t. Still had plenty of premiership players running around yesterday. If they pressed up more to put the pressure on they would have scored more turnovers and probably goals. They were happy sit back and let us chip it around as well. Takes two to tango.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And when we were flying and they were absolute rubbish, they used to drag us down to an awful level but we just sucked up the win and moved on