Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread. Richmond, Round 6.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Stephens had 11, Stoddart 10, Warner 8
    I'll put it down to dodgy stats. Anyway, all pretty similar.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    It’s not rocket science, so I’ll explain it to you in simple terms

Longmire had the most talented list with the player of his generation at his disposal for multiple seasons and underachieved, nada to show for it.

We no longer have a premiership contending list but he is still getting less out of it than the sum of its parts. We should be on the fringes of the eight at least, instead we can barely manage 5 goals a game
    No need for the condenscending tone.

We played in 3 grand finals and an additional prelim final over 5 seasons. We were desperately unlucky in one of those grand finals to run into a 'fairytale' (and on another day, despite everything that went against us - we could well have won that game), and we were the best team for the remainder of the season in the other one, but got it very very wrong on Grand Final day.

Our list is transformed substantially from that which played in that 2016 decider now. You can't stay up forever in a day in this game, and you have to rejuvenate. I'm happy to criticise Longmire where there is genuine reason to do so - I'm not sure he his game plan still stacks up in the way the game is going, but I do think he is taking genuine steps to try and change that.

We also currently have a horrendous injury list. Do tell, what team out there could have basically all of their ruckmen (both seasoned and rookie) out, plus their 2 best tall forwards, plus one of their best younger tall forward outs, and still not be struggling to kick goals going forward?

We would need a fully fit list and we could be somewhere round the edge of the 8. We don't have that and unsuprisingly are struggling big time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Probably, ultimately, but has a go and is playing an important role now.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree all round, but notably re BT. I kept listening (rather than mute) for Bartel’s insights, but it was hard work.
    BT is an embarrasment. An absolute dinosaur. Who gives two @@@@s about losing jumper numbers and all the crap he goes on about. He has no idea barely what is going on out there. Absolute waste of space.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Can't judge us until we have a relatively fit list whenever that is. Maybe not even any time this year. You have been gunning for Horse for ages. He has earned his extension so we need patience given our predicament.

A couple of things in defence of McLean's athletic abilities. Firstly, I suspect, like at the same time last season, that he's still working up to full fitness. That is, last season he was injured early, and then looked a bit of a lumberer when he started in the NEAFL. After a while, he improved his mobility enough to earn a promotion and then looked surprisingly good at the higher level. This year, I think he spent the preseason in a moonboot, so I suspect that he's still got a bit of improvement in him. Also, I wondered if like some other big units, he's deceptively quick; so I checked the tracker data. While he didn't feature in the fastest player section, he was up there in the distance covered stats. The much maligned Clarke topped our list, with 12.2km traveled. McLean was second with 11.4km. I don't think it was a fluke, because in the North game, he was third in that stat, behind Rampe and Lloyd. So, I think he has more toe, than is immediately apparent.

Nothing is worse then Dwayne Russell so please don’t whinge about BT!!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Can't believe that people are getting into Parker. He has a down day and now he is over rated. Good chance he was tagged and given he and Kennedy are the only established mids that is hardly surprising. His career consistency has been outstanding. To say finishing second in the Brownlow was a fluke is breathtaking.
    Ho clearly had a bad day and did not appear right. I don't know if it's anything to do with the shiner he started the day with, but 10 possessions is clearly not up to his usual standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Ho clearly had a bad day and did not appear right. I don't know if it's anything to do with the shiner he started the day with, but 10 possessions is clearly not up to his usual standard.

Parker has always been a very handy player in a good side, but I cant remember him ever wining a game on his own which is what champions do.

Going to be very lean season without Kennedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I really enjoyed the INFORMED comments of Hodge and Bartel. Less said about Uncle Of James the better

They could both be sent to retirement and nothing would be missed Captain! But yes, BT is more bearable than Russell. His open barracking for Wet Coke last week was sickening.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Overall, I found plenty to be encouraged by in that game. Losing JPK and Parker having a shocker allowed the kids to step up.Rowbottom showed plenty of leadership and seems to be one of the most reliable in traffic. Heyward played well off half back, Stephens, Stoddart and Warner all showed they are not out of place in the senior side and will only improve. Blakey finally started to show some form in the last quarter.Clarke showed why he should keep getting games because of his ability to run and run and apply pressure.Some consecutive games would improve his disposal. Mills was excellent along with Rampe.

Overall though, there was some fighting spirit on display and if it wasn't for a missed kick at goal and the biggest howler of an umpiring decision for the year, we win.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Age clearly doesn’t equate to wisdom then
    Keep punching champ. 😁

Veterans List
    Yep sure was. Most over rated player we have and the constant career comparisons to JPK are insulting.

Don’t get me wrong, he is a solid citizen but far from a star.
    Seriously, that is one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read on any thread. I'll put that one down to after a loss emotion. I mean, seriously?!