Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread. Richmond, Round 6.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Clarke has a huge tank and a real go but has zero footy smarts
    Disagree with the last bit. Was smart enough to put himself in position to win a lot of ball all over the ground. Probably over-handballed, but wasn’t the only one. Played an important role. Good game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Sorry but wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong.

The stench of entitlement is overpowering on this site at times. Or as my wise dad would say spoilt rotten.
    Yeah, good post as usual.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Disagree with the last bit. Was smart enough to put himself in position to win a lot of ball all over the ground. Probably over-handballed, but wasn’t the only one. Played an important role. Good game.
    Agree. Competes outstandingly but not great decision maker with ball in hand

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Stoddardt did a few good things, but a couple of times I thought he could have went in harder. Strange that he seemed to be playing forward flank, for most of the game, when last year he was a back flanker and sometimes winger. Should improve if he gets a few more games, though.
    Agree. A couple of non-chases early, but did some intelligent things later and is worth persevering with, to see how he goes when he feels more comfortable and in dry conditions in particular.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Wolfy, you want to take back that first paragraph. Just because you disagree with someone's post there is no need to sink the boots into the generations of South Melbourne supporters and players. Genuinely condescending and disingenuous words. I bet you wouldn't repeat those words to the likes of Bob Skilton and Peter Bedford. They are only a couple of the many gun players we had and you are pointing the finger directly at these people.
    Agree. Two cities, one team.

Veterans List
    Can't believe that people are getting into Parker. He has a down day and now he is over rated. Good chance he was tagged and given he and Kennedy are the only established mids that is hardly surprising. His career consistency has been outstanding. To say finishing second in the Brownlow was a fluke is breathtaking.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Horse unfortunately sounded very despondent re Heeney post match.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Plenty to work on from that showing - I liked the endeavour shown and I think we'll learn a lot from a hard game against the premiers. If we can keep up the effort and get more games into the younger guys, things will start looking up before too long.
    Thanks for this, I agree. Once again we were younger and lighter team, less experienced and it showed, particularly in wet conditions. This was a difficult game to game to win just on that basis alone. But I was really impressed with the defence which was been a vulnerability early in the season, but they stood up really well. Mills was awesome, Ramos was good too obviously, Fox and Cunningham. O’Riordan was hard.

I still think that Blakey needs a week off. He’s just rushing things and trying to make things happen that aren’t there, rather than taking a simple team option. I think it’s past the tipping point for him to have a break, just on the basis that in his apparent desperation to make a positive impact he is starting to take some selfish options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Can't believe that people are getting into Parker. He has a down day and now he is over rated. Good chance he was tagged and given he and Kennedy are the only established mids that is hardly surprising. His career consistency has been outstanding. To say finishing second in the Brownlow was a fluke is breathtaking.
    Yep, right on. Players like him have earned way more respect.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    He's too slow for a KPP, but he's not much of a ruckman either. I think he has an uphill battle to make it in the AFL.
    Probably, ultimately, but has a go and is playing an important role now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Weirdly, given how undermanned the team is and the conditions, I didn't feel that was so bad a result.

I read a couple of recent articles suggesting that one "issue with the game" might be Channel 7. Obvious you might say - but if you view the commentary as a blight on the game, rather than just an annoyance, it starts to make sense. BT carrying on at one point about how we'd lost jumper numbers 1-3 from last season. The general impression that the only thing preventing Richmond playing with their usual flair was being dragged down to the level of those awful dour Swans. Or "having an opposition defend" as it's more ordinarily known.

Anyway. I like Rowbottom more every week, Papley always gives it a crack too. Thought Mills, Dawson and McLean were OK today. Saw a bit of Stephens, less of Warner. Everyone else just seems to be down on form, injured, missing or very young/small/inexperienced.
    I agree all round, but notably re BT. I kept listening (rather than mute) for Bartel’s insights, but it was hard work.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Just seen Dimma’s comments in full.

What a self-entitled little @@@@@ he is.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Gee who could’ve predicted this? 🤪
    And then you spend the game hoping they'll lose so you can be vindicated. Why bother?

Senior Player
    And then you spend the game hoping they'll lose so you can be vindicated. Why bother?
    Why indeed. He's not alone.

Probably, ultimately, but has a go and is playing an important role now.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree all round, but notably re BT. I kept listening (rather than mute) for Bartel’s insights, but it was hard work.
    Yes, I recorded the game, so I could go over what I may have missed at the match, but since it seems that BT was in full drivel mode, I haven't faced it yet. Listening to him on the highlights package was bad enough.