Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can Papley win a Coleman?

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Thought he should have given a hand pass to Taylor for one of his goals. He kicked it so no harm done, but ET was the better option

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Thought he should have given a hand pass to Taylor for one of his goals. He kicked it so no harm done, but ET was the better option
    You know what Papley is thinking: He may be wearing number 37, but he's no Adam Goodes. This one's for me.

Let him bask in his glory. Once Buddy is back, the spotlight will shift.

I do have to say though, Paps brings almost as much excitement as Buddy. His post goal activities even more so.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    [/I]Let him bask in his glory. Once Buddy is back, the spotlight will shift.
    Regardless of what Buddy's capabilities will actually be upon his return (and for the rest of his contract) - at the very least he will make a phenomenal decoy, taking the #1 defender.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 28th July 2020 at 10:38 AM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Disagree. They were both running pretty much side by side. I though Paps might give it off at one point but at the end of the day he’s the senior played and took on the responsibility. If it was a ‘joe the goose’ over the top scenario it would be a little different. Was good that ET realised ( although slightly late ) that he needed to lay the shepherd. Paps may have even directed him to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was impressed that ET seemed to be jogging alongside a flat-out Paps

The game feed on Twitter revealed a lot of hate from Hawthorn fans for his antics and they rolled out the usual gripes. Stages for frees, a flog, over-rated, sniper, dirty player etc. Sound familiar?

I think of how I used to get very annoyed at Hayden Ballantyne. Good, cheeky small forwards from other teams do tend to rile you up and Grandson is both good and cheeky. If his form continues, he continues kicking goals and starts closing in on a Coleman, I suspect he will gather quite and anti-following.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Our new Jetta?😀
    Didn't have a 'Jetta' speed reputation pre-draft though....but he obviously is quick.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Disagree. They were both running pretty much side by side. I though Paps might give it off at one point but at the end of the day he’s the senior played and took on the responsibility. If it was a ‘joe the goose’ over the top scenario it would be a little different. Was good that ET realised ( although slightly late ) that he needed to lay the shepherd. Paps may have even directed him to do so.

At the ground he looked to be a metre in front and one or two closer to goals, he had an easier path to the goal square vs two bounces (especially after he ballsed one up on the wet ground earlier)

Was a good goal no doubt but didn’t think it was the team play is all.

No question Taylor was in better position.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    He’s definitely a smooth mover , there was another moment in the game where he was running through the middle away from a fairly quick hawks player ( smith maybe ? ). Looked effortless . He’s some talent.

Can Papley win a Coleman?

At the ground he looked to be a metre in front and one or two closer to goals, he had an easier path to the goal square vs two bounces (especially after he ballsed one up on the wet ground earlier)

Was a good goal no doubt but didn’t think it was the team play is all.

No question Taylor was in better position.
    You are right he was a little ahead and on a easier path to goal but still , when you’re Tom Papley right now, if you want to kick the goal, you kick the bloody goal. And that he did !

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post

Yeah, they broadcast a camera angle on Saturday showing him directing Elijah to shepherd. I initialling thought he might pass, but when Papley burned off the defender, it showed he'd made the right call. Giving it to Elijah was probably riskier, given it involved an extra disposal and giving it to a less experienced player at a big moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    The game feed on Twitter revealed a lot of hate from Hawthorn fans for his antics and they rolled out the usual gripes. Stages for frees, a flog, over-rated, sniper, dirty player etc. Sound familiar?

I think of how I used to get very annoyed at Hayden Ballantyne. Good, cheeky small forwards from other teams do tend to rile you up and Grandson is both good and cheeky. If his form continues, he continues kicking goals and starts closing in on a Coleman, I suspect he will gather quite and anti-following.
    Hope they're enjoying the high moral ground. Meanwhile, ex-Hawthorn player, Don Scott, has accused them of systemic salary cap rorting, throughout the 80s and 90s.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast