Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can Papley win a Coleman?

Can Papley win a Coleman?

Is there any chance that Tom Papley can be the first small forward since Leigh Matthews to win a Coleman?

And how often does a Coleman medalist come from a bottom 4 side?

I hope Paps stays a Swan, but if he does go, will a departing Coleman medalist give us even stronger trade value?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Is there any chance that Tom Papley can be the first small forward since Leigh Matthews to win a Coleman?

And how often does a Coleman medalist come from a bottom 4 side?

I hope Paps stays a Swan, but if he does go, will a departing Coleman medalist give us even stronger trade value?
    Well, he's still leading it, so I suppose that it's possible. Though I'll be more enthusiastic when we get some of our bigger forwards back, so he can play in his natural role as a nippy forward pocket, rather than a marking target.

Veterans List
    Just up on the AFL website, a very good article on Tom

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Just up on the AFL website, a very good article on Tom
    Interesting there saying he could now be worth two first rounders. Still hope he stays but that’s a decent war chest to go to the draft with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the biggest bag of goals Papley has kicked in a game? If he gets to kick few bags this year it will go a long way towards him winning the Coleman. He is already the most consistent goal kicker in the comp having the longest stretch of kicking weekly goals. Could also be adding All Australian honours with his Coleman!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Win a Coleman? Usually the small forwards fade out of contention as the season rolls on, but this season is so weird I asked the question - has any Swan ever won a Skilton and a Coleman in the same year?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Win a Coleman? Usually the small forwards fade out of contention as the season rolls on, but this season is so weird I asked the question - has any Swan ever won a Skilton and a Coleman in the same year?
    Not once.

In 1934, when Bob Pratt kicked 150 goals to take the VFL goal kicking award (in 3 fewer games than it took Peter Hudson) Pratt asked a committee member why he didn’t win South’s B&F, he was given the response "You're very spectacular but not very effective."

Only Lockett has won both, albeit in separate years

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    What's the biggest bag of goals Papley has kicked in a game?
    5 vs West Coast last year. Great game - 5 for Buddy too - a famous Sunday victory.

4 on 4 occasions before this weekend, 3 on 9 occasions and 2 on 29 occasions. He is pretty consistent and definitely trending up the last couple of years (quieter in 2018).

Veterans List
    I actually called this about a month ago - but then couldn't work out how to bet on it...

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    5 vs West Coast last year. Great game - 5 for Buddy too - a famous Sunday victory.

4 on 4 occasions before this weekend, 3 on 9 occasions and 2 on 29 occasions. He is pretty consistent and definitely trending up the last couple of years (quieter in 2018).
    Thanks for those stats neilfws. Papley should've kicked 5 on Saturday, missed an easy set shot in the 1st quarter.

80% of players who are winning the coleman at the end of July, go on and win it at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    80% of players who are winning the coleman at the end of July, go on and win it at the end of the season.
    Yes but July isn’t July this year!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast