Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R7 vs Gold Coast Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    That's the silver lining of JPK's injury, particularly if we get some tall defenders back this week?
    Assuming Horse plays him in the midfield.

I think the emergence of Fox might also assist in covering Mills down back.

Either way, the time has come.

A suggestion to move Nick Blakey to half-back and give him a run there. I like it!

The move that has suited a key Bomber and the Swan that could benefit

“Give him four weeks at half-back. Did they did it with (Will) Hayward who’s starting to find a bit of the footy. Give him a run at half-back. Bring (Callum) Mills up, put Blakey back and away you go.”

Senior Player
    Tom Browne on Twitter says JPK 6-8 weeks, Heeney having surgery and gone for the season.

Confirmed: Injury blow for Swans pair

A suggestion to move Nick Blakey to half-back and give him a run there. I like it!

The move that has suited a key Bomber and the Swan that could benefit

“Give him four weeks at half-back. Did they did it with (Will) Hayward who’s starting to find a bit of the footy. Give him a run at half-back. Bring (Callum) Mills up, put Blakey back and away you go.”
    Yep good idea. Free him up, he’ll get a few kicks ( lord knows the ball will be going down there a bit). His pace and foot skills suit that position, and he has got good aerial ability.

No point dropping him, but something needs to change to get some confidence back.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Tom Browne on Twitter says JPK 6-8 weeks, Heeney having surgery and gone for the season.
    Ouch. Still as others have said, should finally get Mills a look In permanently on ball. Should know by the end of the season if he has it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox, COR, Hayward are all solid enough in defence, considering the limiting number of games they have. Rampe is a star. We just need a couple of tall defenders to add to that group, and we should be okay.

Maybe Aliir will become a full time ruckman. We can select our KPDs from Brand, Maibaum, Gould and O'Connor. McLean and McCartin could have a future in defence as well, but we also need to fix our KPFs as well.

Mills can go to the midfield. Dawson can play forward. Lloyd and Cunningham can play on the wing, dropping back when required, which they do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

Confirmed: Injury blow for Swans pair
    Terrible news re: Heeney

Changes for R7 vs Gold Coast Guns

Now up on Swans website, dreadful news.

“Heeney will require surgery after scans revealed he has suffered a dislocation and ruptured the medial ligament in his ankle.”

“The prognosis is also as feared for Kennedy, who has ruptured the medial ligament in his knee. While the No 12 won’t need surgery he will be required to wear a brace for several weeks.”

https://www.qbe.com/au/portal/quote/vehicle

Heeney came off early in the game with an ankle problem. It was clearly a mistake to put him back in with a weak ankle. Same like Buddy last year, when he had some hamstring tightness, then went back on the ground only to tear his hamstring a few minutes later.

We really should be more cautious about these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Heeney came off early in the game with an ankle problem. It was clearly a mistake to put him back in with a weak ankle. Same like Buddy last year, when he had some hamstring tightness, then went back on the ground only to tear his hamstring a few minutes later.

We really should be more cautious about these things.
    I don’t think that’s what happened. It got hurt when he was tackled high late in the game. He had to be helped off the ground.

I don’t think it was caused just by playing on it.

I don’t think that’s what happened. It got hurt when he was tackled high late in the game. He had to be helped off the ground.

I don’t think it was caused just by playing on it.
    I'm saying that the ankle was already weak, so more susceptible to injury.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Now up on Swans website, dreadful news.

“Heeney will require surgery after scans revealed he has suffered a dislocation and ruptured the medial ligament in his ankle.”

“The prognosis is also as feared for Kennedy, who has ruptured the medial ligament in his knee. While the No 12 won’t need surgery he will be required to wear a brace for several weeks.”

$name | QBE AU
    Can it get any worse? Heeney gone for the year and Kennedy for 6 weeks. Our best 2 players. I hope we can avoid the wooden spoon!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast