Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R7 vs Gold Coast Guns

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Fox, COR, Hayward are all solid enough in defence, considering the limiting number of games they have. Rampe is a star. We just need a couple of tall defenders to add to that group, and we should be okay.

Maybe Aliir will become a full time ruckman. We can select our KPDs from Brand, Maibaum, Gould and O'Connor. McLean and McCartin could have a future in defence as well, but we also need to fix our KPFs as well.

Mills can go to the midfield. Dawson can play forward. Lloyd and Cunningham can play on the wing, dropping back when required, which they do anyway.
    Agree with all of that. The only hesitation relates to Mills, who was very good on the last line yesterday. But given the injuries to Kennedy and Heeney, surely they're moving him to the middle.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Can it get any worse? Heeney gone for the year and Kennedy for 6 weeks. Our best 2 players. I hope we can avoid the wooden spoon!
    We'll be saved by Adelaide being hopeless, but we'll do very well to finish higher than second bottom.

Season from hell.

They're gunna rip us a new one.
    We may have to call up some academy kids.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    We have Adelaide in "front of us" for the wooden spoon. Enough said.

On a brighter note, this season is perfect for Horse and the coaches to blood the youngsters.. at least find out who is able to cut the mustard, when the heat is on in the kitchen... eg Ling, Foot, Gould, Maibaum, McInerney, Reynolds, Knoll, Bell, Amartey.

Cannot wait to see Elijah Taylor run out. Bring on pick 2 in the AFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Now up on Swans website, dreadful news.

“Heeney will require surgery after scans revealed he has suffered a dislocation and ruptured the medial ligament in his ankle.”

“The prognosis is also as feared for Kennedy, who has ruptured the medial ligament in his knee. While the No 12 won’t need surgery he will be required to wear a brace for several weeks.”

$name | QBE AU
    Wish I had the social media contact details, for a couple of feral Richmond fans near me yesterday, who were claiming that Heeney was "milking it" and that he was "weak as piss". Then again, that's probably not a healthy way to spend my day.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Wish I had the social media contact details, for a couple of feral Richmond fans near me yesterday, who were claiming that Heeney was "milking it" and that he was "weak as piss". Then again, that's probably not a healthy way to spend my day.
    Not healthy at all even if frustrating. Really hope Heeney is ok long-term. When he comes back, I would play him on a wing. Very admirable but I reckon he is too game for his own good for a guy his size.

I hope Stephens, Warner & Stoddard are given a block of games and not make judgment calls after just 1 match. Give them chance to learn from their mistakes and develop. This is the year to do it with our wretched injury list. I don't recall Stoddard playing successive games previously? Going by the scratch match report, Elijah, Wicks & Allir were stand outs. Horse mentioned in today's presser Sinclair was a chance to return this week, wasn't sure on McCartin & Reid still requires more run under his belt. No Mention of Brand. Here's my changes:

Out: Kennedy, Heeney, Clarke, Gray
    In: Sinclair, Allir, Elijah Taylor, Wicks

Team:
    B: Lloyd Rampe O'Riordan
    HB: Hayward Allir Blakey
    C: Cunningham Parker Florent
    HF: Stephens Dawson E.Taylor
    FF: Warner MacLean Papley

R: Sinclair Mills Rowbottom

Int: Hewitt, Stoddard, Wicks, Fox

Senior Player
    Ouch on those injuries

I guess we can well and truly write the season off now and target the no.1 draft pick

Mills to the middle please, lets play some youngsters and see how they go

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Sorry, I'd had a bottle of very good McLaren Vale Shiraz when I penned it :-)
    A Molly Dooker, no doubt?

I would bring back McInernay before Wicks gets a game. Gould may be worth a game too as he is bigger body. But we need some height in both attack and defence and Allie must be back in

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Relative View Post
    A Molly Dooker, no doubt?
    God help us.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Wasn't Aliir rucking on the weekend? I don't see that as a positive sign.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast