Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R7 vs Gold Coast Guns

A call for a review in to the injury situation is jumping at shadows.

Heeney: impact in a tackle. Any hypothesis that his ankle was already weak and exposed is just a guess
    Sinclair: hyperextension at training
    JPK: impact from a tackle
    McCartin: concussion
    Naismith: appears to be susceptible to knee injuries, which is becoming more common
    Melican, Reid and Buddy are players with regular injuries, who seem to breakdown as they get back up and going.

Not really sure what the medical staff could do to prevent all of these.
    The association of injuries to us having a young side each week is not overly fair. Injuries to older players is common. Having a list so skewed to youth is not, and more so why we are so young.

The challenge now is finding that balance of playing the youth, but not too much of it. If you go too young, you risk becoming a Dees or Carlton, and forget how to ever win.

Losing Heeney and Kennedy together, whilst already playing without Reid and Buddy is a huge loss to the development of the youth. They would learn by playing games, and particularly playing games alongside these experienced players.
    "Writing off the year, and playing youth" isn't a blueprint I've seen anyone really successfully use.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    A call for a review in to the injury situation is jumping at shadows.

Heeney: impact in a tackle. Any hypothesis that his ankle was already weak and exposed is just a guess
    Sinclair: hyperextension at training
    JPK: impact from a tackle
    McCartin: concussion
    Naismith: appears to be susceptible to knee injuries, which is becoming more common
    Melican, Reid and Buddy are players with regular injuries, who seem to breakdown as they get back up and going.

Not really sure what the medical staff could do to prevent all of these.
    The association of injuries to us having a young side each week is not overly fair. Injuries to older players is common. Having a list so skewed to youth is not, and more so why we are so young.

The challenge now is finding that balance of playing the youth, but not too much of it. If you go too young, you risk becoming a Dees or Carlton, and forget how to ever win.

Losing Heeney and Kennedy together, whilst already playing without Reid and Buddy is a huge loss to the development of the youth. They would learn by playing games, and particularly playing games alongside these experienced players.
    "Writing off the year, and playing youth" isn't a blueprint I've seen anyone really successfully use.
    Thoughtful post. There is a tipping point if you play too many young guys. Need to stagger it so you have enough mature bodies. L.Taylor should be one of the ins. Bell inexperienced but a bit more mature. Still can leave Stephens and Warner in.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Horse says this is the worst run of injuries in his tenure.
    Do we blame the doctors?
    Do we bring back the great Nathan Gibbs?
    When do we start conditioning training? Seems that all those years ago, when they spent summer running up and down the sand dunes at Kurnell, that we didn't seem to break down as much.
    Thoughts?
    No blame on current Dr's as they do their best.

FWIW, I think Dr Nathan Gibbs was and always will be our best Dr. I would love to be proven wrong in the future.

This disjointed season does not help at all.

Senior Player
    This week's injury update is comprehensive: Injury Update - July 14, 2020 Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club.

From that, it seems Sinclair, Amartey and Reid could be available, although none assured.

Brand a few weeks off still.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    This week's injury update is comprehensive: Injury Update - July 14, 2020 Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club.

From that, it seems Sinclair, Amartey and Reid could be available, although none assured.

Brand a few weeks off still.
    Add McCartin to that list of 'maybes'.

Is Ling still on the list? Will we ever see him play?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Is Ling still on the list? Will we ever see him play?
    Apparently he has been playing in the reserves scratch matches and has been doing ok. Could be a chance to debut sometime soon.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Apparently he has been playing in the reserves scratch matches and has been doing ok. Could be a chance to debut sometime soon.
    There were big wraps on him initially. Hope our patience is rewarded. Known for his speed and excellent disposal IIRC

Hope you are right Stevo, I would like to see what he has got to offer as he was the club's top draft pick in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    This is incorrect. The NM game last year was younger at an average of 23 years and 208 days, the Tigers game had an average of 24 years 45 days

RIC - https://afltables.com/afl/stats/game...620200712.html
    NM - https://afltables.com/afl/stats/game...620190518.html
    Brilliant, Ugg. Maybe you could let Horse know!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Brilliant, Ugg. Maybe you could let Horse know!
    Never let facts get in the way of a good story!

Bitch!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    its a fair point BF

i struggled with this weekend vs the season vs building a squad for the future

its killing me

Do you see Fox a 2021 player or does blooding our future talent not matter so much this wknd?

i keep chopping and changing my thoughts ie could ET or Gould surpass Fox by season end if given the chance ?
    Is Fox our new Dean Towers?

There's only one Dean Towers

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast