Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R7 vs Gold Coast Guns

Im at the stage of saying lets persist with Warner and Stephens............. given we have no hope in hell at a top8. You would guess they were brought into a game we didnt think we could win ie against Tigers so they have some legs and experience for the Suns where their development continues lol

I think we should give Gould a taste and depending on fitness ET ?

In: McCartin, AA, Gould, McInerney
    Out: Kennedy, Heeney, Gray, Fox
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Im at the stage of saying lets persist with Warner and Stephens............. given we have no hope in hell at a top8. You would guess they were brought into a game we didnt think we could win ie against Tigers so they have some legs and experience for the Suns where their development continues lol

I think we should give Gould a taste and depending on fitness ET ?

In: McCartin, AA, Gould, McInerney
    Out: Kennedy, Heeney, Gray, Fox
    Fox? Surely not after his game on Sunday. 3 votes from the coaches.

its a fair point BF

i struggled with this weekend vs the season vs building a squad for the future

its killing me

Do you see Fox a 2021 player or does blooding our future talent not matter so much this wknd?

i keep chopping and changing my thoughts ie could ET or Gould surpass Fox by season end if given the chance ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Horse says this is the worst run of injuries in his tenure.
    Do we blame the doctors?
    Do we bring back the great Nathan Gibbs?
    When do we start conditioning training? Seems that all those years ago, when they spent summer running up and down the sand dunes at Kurnell, that we didn't seem to break down as much.
    Thoughts?
    Glad you haven’t mentioned the physios among the culprits

its a fair point BF

its killing me

Do you see Fox a 2021 player or does blooding our future talent not matter so much this wknd?

i keep chopping and changing my thoughts ie could ET or Gould surpass Fox by season end if given the chance ?
    I think you still need a few guys like Fox in the side to play the roles that allow the young guys to develop. Eg. Playing undersized on Tom Lynch. Not sure that is doing Gould any favours if he has to take on that role in his first season.

While I’m warming more to getting more youth in this year( considering where we are at with injuries etc.) we still need some senior bodies to protect the young guys a bit.

Fox may not be a part of our next flag contending side but him taking some heat off the young guys for a season or two should aid their development I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any further word on what happened with AA? Or does Horse just have faves???

Be very interesting to hear which talls are available. Brand and McCartin sound likely. Sinclair and Reid perhaps one more week?

Besides the two injuries I'd drop Stoddard and Gray who don't look AFL standard. Hayward and Fox redeemed themselves this week with impressive defensive performances. I think Taylor has been hard done by and should be kept in the squad especially with some tall support coming over the next two weeks. AA back in is surely a no brainer and I hope one of Reid or Sinclair are available and to be played as a pure tall FWD, not so sure on McCartins form so far this year. Brand to come in and be the third tall defender with Rampe and Fox, with AA and McLean to rotate ruck and FWD.

... also hope Mills moves to midfield despite his impressive defensive work last week.

Out: Heeney and Kennedy (inj), Stoddard and Gray (omitted)
    In: Sinclair, Brand, Taylor and AA
    Last edited by longmile; 14th July 2020 at 01:12 PM.

Senior Player
    its a fair point BF

its killing me

Reckon he is a horses for courses player given his size but you still need a few competent depth players around and who knows, he might blossom. Good head on his shoulders as well. Gould should get a game shortly and then we can start to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Fox? Surely not after his game on Sunday. 3 votes from the coaches.
    Crazy to think that Fox will/should be dropped. Absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Any further word on what happened with AA? Or does Horse just have faves???
    I think both Blakey and Longmire have both made it pretty clear in different interviews that AA was dropped for form reasons. There isn’t any smoke and mirrors.

Personally, I wouldn’t have dropped AA myself but in hindsight it wasn’t a bad call considering how we’ll Fox played. In fact, Fox played much better than AA has all year.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    On the thread for yesterday's game, MattW brought attention to an interview Horse gave to Gerard Healy on 3AW:

John Longmire gives an insight into his phone call with Damien Hardwick – 3AW

Horse said [5m 35 secs in] that the side we fielded yesterday was our youngest since 1997.
    This is incorrect. The NM game last year was younger at an average of 23 years and 208 days, the Tigers game had an average of 24 years 45 days

RIC - https://afltables.com/afl/stats/game...620200712.html
    NM - https://afltables.com/afl/stats/game...620190518.html

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    This is incorrect. The NM game last year was younger at an average of 23 years and 208 days, the Tigers game had an average of 24 years 45 days

RIC - https://afltables.com/afl/stats/game...620200712.html
    NM - https://afltables.com/afl/stats/game...620190518.html
    Great get Ugg! Are you related to Stan the Statistician?

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Relative View Post
    A Molly Dooker, no doubt?
    Nothing wrong with Molly Dooker!

JPK will be out for longer than 8 weeks for sure. Sorry to say. 😭

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast