Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R7 vs Gold Coast Guns

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Can it get any worse? Heeney gone for the year and Kennedy for 6 weeks. Our best 2 players. I hope we can avoid the wooden spoon!
    We're effectively (2 wins and 30+%) in front of Adelaide who won't beat anyone this year. No Wooden Spoon but Pick 2 in the ND so we can select the best mid as Crows will take local tall forward Riley Tilthorpe.

Massive challenges coming up for us, expect the mega flood tactics for the rest of the year?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Relative View Post
    A Molly Dooker, no doubt?
    I can't drink that stuff, it's too "sweet", made for the US market where the consumer likes sweet.

I drink a sort of secret winemakers special that goes to a select circle of people and I'm very happy to have fluked my way into the circle :-) It's as good as any Shiraz made in McLaren Vale but at a very modest cost, nudge nudge, wink wink.

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    There are alternatives to dropping players when looking to give constructive feedback.
    Blakey will no doubt be shown that he's trying to do too much when he gets it. His effort was there in the second half. He was just trying to pull off something incredible with every possession (eg the handball chip and chase) instead of simple wet weather footy. He'll be better for it.

Hayward has huge potential as a defender. Similar type and journey to Sicily. He showed last week he needs to learn a bit more about how to defend with body work. Hopefully that is a focus for him this year.

Fox was very commendable, aided significantly by weather and injury. But he's an option down back. Brand in to take on King.

Even though we got killed in the ruck and played without JPK, we broke even on centre clearances and almost did so in total clearances. So, do we need Sinclair? He offers minimal around the ground, whereas McLean looked more mobile and able to take a mark at either end.

Mills to the middle has to happen now that JPK appears injured. Time to build that future on ball core.

Gray is showing why he was let go. Would Wicks offer more? Obviously we need to keep as many mature bodies in the team as we can, but he's not up to it.

Warner and Stephens need a good run at it. Loved the courage of Warner to kick in board in the wet. Leave them for a month
    Same as Stoddart. Needs a proper go at it.

Ins: Reid or McCartin (risky to bring both underdone), McInerney
    Out: JPK, Heeney
    If Heeney is fit, I'd swap Gray for Wicks or a similar type.
    I agree with this. I thought Warner did a few nice things when he got the ball. Looked like he had the class to be a good player at AFL level. He was a bit cocky with the cross field pass and some nice little handballs which I liked.

On the thread for yesterday's game, MattW brought attention to an interview Horse gave to Gerard Healy on 3AW:

John Longmire gives an insight into his phone call with Damien Hardwick – 3AW

Horse said [5m 35 secs in] that the side we fielded yesterday was our youngest since 1997. More relevant to this thread, he intimated that it might be even younger this weekend. It's not like Horse to create false expectations, so I'm expecting we might blood another first gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    On the thread for yesterday's game, MattW brought attention to an interview Horse gave to Gerard Healy on 3AW:

John Longmire gives an insight into his phone call with Damien Hardwick – 3AW

Horse said [5m 35 secs in] that the side we fielded yesterday was our youngest since 1997. More relevant to this thread, he intimated that it might be even younger this weekend. It's not like Horse to create false expectations, so I'm expecting we might blood another first gamer.
    Not necessarily what he was saying I don’t think . We’ve got a 32 & 24 year old coming out of the team in Joey & Heeney, so there’s a pretty high chance the average age of the players coming in will make the team overall even younger. I hope you’re right though, be good to see an E Taylor or Gould get a run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Not necessarily what he was saying I don’t think . We’ve got a 32 & 24 year old coming out of the team in Joey & Heeney, so there’s a pretty high chance the average age of the players coming in will make the team overall even younger. I hope you’re right though, be good to see an E Taylor or Gould get a run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You make a good point. Whoever replaces Joey will be younger, so you're right. Still, I will persist in hope. I'd be glad to see either of the boys you mentioned get a guernsey.

Henry out for the season. 2020 is the worst!

- - - Updated - - -

Heeney, not Henry

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You make a good point. Whoever replaces Joey will be younger, so you're right. Still, I will persist in hope. I'd be glad to see either of the boys you mentioned get a guernsey.
    Don't think Kennedy's replacement will be anyone new. Most likely Hewett or Rowbottom.

It would be good if Kennedy's replacement into the Mids could be Mills.

As to his replacement coming into the team, and Heeney - and possibly Gray/Clarke, please let us see some more kids: Mcinerney, Ling etc. but let's not discard any of last weeks inclusions, Stoddart etal need a few games to show what they can do.

The considerable hopes for this year I had preseason lie shattedered by our astonishing injury list. As the season is now well and truly gone, I'll join the "get games into the kids" chorus.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 14th July 2020 at 09:29 AM.

Horse says this is the worst run of injuries in his tenure.
    Do we blame the doctors?
    Do we bring back the great Nathan Gibbs?
    When do we start conditioning training? Seems that all those years ago, when they spent summer running up and down the sand dunes at Kurnell, that we didn't seem to break down as much.
    Thoughts?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Horse says this is the worst run of injuries in his tenure.
    Do we blame the doctors?
    Do we bring back the great Nathan Gibbs?
    When do we start conditioning training? Seems that all those years ago, when they spent summer running up and down the sand dunes at Kurnell, that we didn't seem to break down as much.
    Thoughts?
    Hoping the club will do a medical review to explain why we developed a high injury list before the resumption of the season, particularly amongst the talls. I know this has been an extraordinary season amongst the competition in managing player fitness, but we seem to have out worst.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Hoping the club will do a medical review to explain why we developed a high injury list before the resumption of the season, particularly amongst the talls. I know this has been an extraordinary season amongst the competition in managing player fitness, but we seem to have out worst.
    I was thinking about this too. Presumably (hopefully) there's a medical report explaining the likely cause of each injury and the extent to which it could have been avoided by risk mitigation measures (such as warming up, not returning player to play after initial knock (e.g. Heeney?), returning to skills too soon etc).

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast