Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R7 vs Gold Coast Guns

Veterans List
    To me Stoddart looks more like a midfielder than a back. Too short to play back. Put him into the fray to see how he goes. Keeps his spot.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    You're confusing the Bailey's
    Nope. Of the ones mentioned there, Zac Bailey is going to be the best and easily so.

I agree re Bailey Smith being a gun, but of that group around the pick for Ling, Zac Bailey will be the winner. In fact, I reckon of Brisbane’s young group under 22, he will be the best besides McLuggage.

I hope we get to see Ling and he goes well. I was just reflecting on the group in the mix for that pick.

Someone posted a thought bubble about playing Blakey in defence. I don't mind the idea. Many of his attributes lend themselves well in defence, in particular his accurate field kicking. The big thing is that it makes him more accountable then playing in the forward line and hopefully he would get his hands on the ball more. Perhaps he plays back, Dawson forward and Mills on ball? It's not like we have too much to lose in this bizarre season!

Pocket profile: Chad Warner

poohing my pants lol

keep this fella in this week

bit of toby greene about him dont you think ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    We should get back a few tall players

Out: Kennedy (inj), Stoddart (omitted), Gray (omitted), Warner (omitted)

In: Taylor, McInerney, Aliir, Brand

Any word on what happened with Aliir? If Aliir's not on and Reid is, that's fair play or if Reid is fit I'd play him in front of either McInerney or Taylor.

Hope Heeney isn't injured...

Blakey's second half saved him and I'm very happy to say that Hayward played well.
    Why would you omit Warner? He did little wrong under the circumstances.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Why would you omit Warner? He did little wrong under the circumstances.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Later in the thread I revise my changes.

However AA, McInerney and L.Taylor really should come back into the side as well. Excited to have some talls back with Reid and Sinclair

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Agreed. Later in the thread I revise my changes.

However AA, McInerney and L.Taylor really should come back into the side as well. Excited to have some talls back with Reid and Sinclair
    Horse said last night on the Inside the Bloods zoom meeting re our injured talls: McCartin and Sinkers are a chance; they just need to get through training today. Reid is unlikely given his history of injuries. They want him to come back and have every chance of staying back.

I would really expect McCartin to be back. I can understand how cautious they have been given his brother's history with concussion and his family would be understandably concerned. I expected from the moment I saw it that he would miss the following round and possibly the next. But I think it has already been three rounds missed and the idea of him missing a fourth is eyebrow raising.

I wonder if he played in the last scratch match. If he didn't, then maybe they might want to give him one to regain form and confidence but possibly that can be achieved simply through training. Fortunately I think he was a pretty fit player.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone able to swing by training? They'll be there now.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Is it safe to assume that there is no debutant this week? Normally there’d be an early announcement.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Is it safe to assume that there is no debutant this week? Normally there’d be an early announcement.
    You're probably right, although they could be waiting to see how McCartin and Sinclair pull up after training today.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    You're probably right, although they could be waiting to see how McCartin and Sinclair pull up after training today.
    I think the latter. Still hoping we might see a debutant.

The Swans Thursday training photos can often be an indication - they appear to run drills that are match sim with the players in vests that indicate they may be in the reserves squad.
    From today's post:
    - Aliir, Sinclair, Clarke, Blakey are in the starting squad
    - Gray, McLean, Bell and Wicks are in the reserves

Not a guarantee, but can be an indication.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast