Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R7 vs Gold Coast Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    He’s got a stress reaction not “a little sore”, I believe.
    Im not doubting the injury its the initial comment that im getting sick of, K Brand was 1 to 2 weeks a month ago as well

Senior Player
    Club site says Reid, Sinclair & McCartin all possibilities for Saturday.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    This is incorrect. The NM game last year was younger at an average of 23 years and 208 days, the Tigers game had an average of 24 years 45 days

RIC - https://afltables.com/afl/stats/game...620200712.html
    NM - https://afltables.com/afl/stats/game...620190518.html
    Nice fact checking!

This chart took longer to make than I'd hoped - and may not be 100% accurate - but I believe there were 9 games last season with an average age less than the Tigers game this year, with 7 of those less than 24 years average.

Take away last season and the team is indeed the lowest average age since around 1997, so perhaps whoever supplied the data missed 2019 by mistake.

host images

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Im not doubting the injury its the initial comment that im getting sick of, K Brand was 1 to 2 weeks a month ago as well
    Fair point, although I think the club said Ronke was sore and would get scanned the next day and then announced it as a stress reaction. Brand I agree seems to be another elastic injury.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Nice fact checking!

This chart took longer to make than I'd hoped - and may not be 100% accurate - but I believe there were 9 games last season with an average age less than the Tigers game this year, with 7 of those less than 24 years average.

Take away last season and the team is indeed the lowest average age since around 1997, so perhaps whoever supplied the data missed 2019 by mistake.

host images
    Perhaps John got his talking points mixed up.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The Swans tweeted it earlier before the press conference, so I suspect Horse was fed the wrong info.

Nice fact checking!

host images
    No, I can see why that chart took a while to make. Which makes me slightly hesitant to ask, but since I know that you love your stats: do you think that you could do a version where each of our grand finals are green dots? Just to see if they fall into some sort goldilocks zone. Assuming that there's a goldilocks zone. And assuming that each data point is a game.

And it's interesting from that chart, just how much experience we lost in 90/91, but the average age in our grand final year of 96, wasn't that much more than 92.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The Swans tweeted it earlier before the press conference, so I suspect Horse was fed the wrong info.
    And all of that doesn't take into account that we lost our most experienced player (and our captain) in the opening 10 mins.

Warming the Bench
    Pretty bleak news on the injury front now that JPK and Heeney have gone down. I thought Clarke worked really hard against Richmond so i'm happy for him to keep his spot. Also happy for Warner, Stodart and Stevens to retain their spots. Not sure about Sam Gray.

Outs: Kennedy, Heeney, Gray
    Ins: McInerney, Aliir, Sinclair (if fit), Reid (if fit), McCartin (if fit) ????

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    And all of that doesn't take into account that we lost our most experienced player (and our captain) in the opening 10 mins.
    Yes, that event alone lowered the average team age from 24.1 years to 23.8 !

Couple of thoughts on age. First, games played is probably a better metric. There's a relationship between the two of course, but some young players play more games than others, some old players have played less than expected.

Relative age/experience compared with the opposition would be an interesting study too. Quite tricky to compile the data for that, but I know some of the stats experts online have done it.
    Last edited by neilfws; 15th July 2020 at 04:00 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    do you think that you could do a version where each of our grand finals are green dots? Just to see if they fall into some sort goldilocks zone. Assuming that there's a goldilocks zone. And assuming that each data point is a game.
    Sure - or rather, red dots with everything else grey. Just from 1990 onwards this time.

So 4 in the mid-range, 2 a little older. As I mentioned in the other post, maybe games played and/or experience relative to the opposition would be more informative than just age.

Sure - or rather, red dots with everything else grey. Just from 1990 onwards this time.

So 4 in the mid-range, 2 a little older. As I mentioned in the other post, maybe games played and/or experience relative to the opposition would be more informative than just age.

Ta. Perhaps you could say very tentatively that it's hard to make a GF with a very young side.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast