Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R7 vs Gold Coast Guns

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Great ins. How exciting that we get to see Elijah.
    +1

Senior Player
    Great ins. How exciting that we get to see Elijah.
    He would have had to have earnt a game so it's an exciting development. Kirk's mentoring a massive factor I reckon.

Wow! Exciting! Wasn't expecting ET's debut. Can't wait to see how he goes!

I'm slightly surprised Aliir is returning so soon given he was dropped due to poor form. How can he have turned it around so fast?

Not surprised to see the return of McCartin, or Sinclair. Still a very small forward line. A bit rough on McCartin to expect him to play the role of KPF on his own. I wonder what role Blakey will play.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    +1
    Very true much travelled one!

Three first year players, two second years and two third years! Can't say we're not playing our youth.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Three first year players, two second years and two third years! Can't say we're not playing our youth.
    Ugg will have to work out our average team age this week, so that Horse can get it right!

Veterans List
    What I like is Lewy Taylor and Gray now not being shown any favours to play seniors, we're selecting debutants with an eye to the future in lieu of those fringe players. Will Gould can't be far off a debut either.

How we set up this week will be interesting. Expect Witts to dominate, a much under rated ruckman

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    With these ins, I reckon we will win!
    That would be good. You know Kennedy and Heeney are out.

Changes for R7 vs Gold Coast Guns

Elijah's call to his parents (on the official site) is a tear jerker. Go bloody well, lad.
    Yes it is, very emotional.

But also look at the team announcement video with Papley as the joker. Very funny!

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

I'm slightly surprised Aliir is returning so soon given he was dropped due to poor form. How can he have turned it around so fast?
    Didn't Longmire say in his presser in the week that Aliir trained on Saturday instead of playing and he did well.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I hope Stephens, Warner & Stoddard are given a block of games and not make judgment calls after just 1 match. Give them chance to learn from their mistakes and develop. This is the year to do it with our wretched injury list. I don't recall Stoddard playing successive games previously? Going by the scratch match report, Elijah, Wicks & Allir were stand outs. Horse mentioned in today's presser Sinclair was a chance to return this week, wasn't sure on McCartin & Reid still requires more run under his belt. No Mention of Brand. Here's my changes:

Out: Kennedy, Heeney, Clarke, Gray
    In: Sinclair, Allir, Elijah Taylor, Wicks

Team:
    B: Lloyd Rampe O'Riordan
    HB: Hayward Allir Blakey
    C: Cunningham Parker Florent
    HF: Stephens Dawson E.Taylor
    FF: Warner MacLean Papley

R: Sinclair Mills Rowbottom

Int: Hewitt, Stoddard, Wicks, Fox
    I'm glad they didn't drop any of Stephens, Warner or Stoddard to help their development. Happy McCartin ended up being available over Wicks. McLean most likely rested as someone here had predicted after shouldering the big man workload almost solo. Expect to see him back in the side soon again to help out Sinclair in the ruck.

Wish McLean stayed in the side, but probably needs a rest as a young body thrown around in the ruck. Would of played Sinclair and McCartin as KPFs, with Sinclair to pinch hit with McLean.
    Good to see young E. Taylor in the team

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast