Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Round 8: Swans v Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    You should serve out your quarantine period on Aeaea with Circe .
    ...and get into the herbs and weed that Circe was famed.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Personally I think you'd be better off with Calypso on Ogygia. But then you might not want to come back.

Coaches votes are in: AFL Coaches Association - Shadforth Financial Group AFLCA Champion Player of the Year - AFLCA Awards .

Rampe got 10, Papley 7 and Lloyd 5. More Hawks polled votes but we got 22/30 votes on offer.

The splits in the other matches this round are bizarre, with about 3 matches with nearly no overlap between the opposing coaches' votes.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    So Clarko gave Papley a minimum 3 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    So Clarko gave Papley a minimum 3 votes.
    He clearly admires a milker

I was recently chatting with Circe.

She seemed a bit down in the dumps, so I asked her what was wrong.

"You know how one of my favourite tricks is turning men into pigs," she said.

"Yes, ..."

"Well just this last weekend cameth a group unto mine island ..." (goddesses speak like that, especially if they're in Homer)

"And you got to use your spell?!"

"No, they were from Hawthorn."

(Further details of our conversation can be found in the Odyssey - that's the peom all about me - book 10.)

PS It is so nice to beat the Hawks!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Coaches votes are in: AFL Coaches Association - Shadforth Financial Group AFLCA Champion Player of the Year - AFLCA Awards .

Rampe got 10, Papley 7 and Lloyd 5. More Hawks polled votes but we got 22/30 votes on offer.

The splits in the other matches this round are bizarre, with about 3 matches with nearly no overlap between the opposing coaches' votes.
    It was really strange wasn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I was recently chatting with Circe.

PS It is so nice to beat the Hawks!
    I now feel like I have to check out your other 177 posts...

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    "You know how one of my favourite tricks is turning men into pigs," she said.
    Not much of a trick if you ask me.

Note: Homer always welcome here.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Scumthorn's coach the graceless Clarko was on AFL360 tonight, wonder if anyone saw it and can report on what he said about his disgraceful post match presser comments
    He said it was a poor choice of words. He said he wasn't being disrespectful to Papley or the umpires. He said it was in the disappointment of a key moment in the game that he spoke about Papley milking a free kick. He said he should have used different terminology because every player has done that in a game. He got caught up in how quickly after the game it was.

But the fact remains that Papley did NOT milk that free kick and Clarkson still doesn't get that!

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    He said it was a poor choice of words. He said he wasn't being disrespectful to Papley or the umpires. He said it was in the disappointment of a key moment in the game that he spoke about Papley milking a free kick. He said he should have used different terminology because every player has done that in a game. He got caught up in how quickly after the game it was.

But the fact remains that Papley did NOT milk that free kick and Clarkson still doesn't get that!
    Correct. He should be directing his anger at that numbskull Frawley. He bowled over someone much smaller, from behind, 2m from goal, right in front of the umpire. If that isn't idiotic I don't know what is. and that's something the Graceless One has the power to actually change if he sees fit.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Veterans List

But not every player has king hit another player from behind.

I'm not sure if the press conference being not long after the game is any real excuse? I mean, I doubt if the timing was significantly different, than all the other post-match press conferences, that he's done in the previous 15 years or so.